Under the direction of the Accounting Director, the Human Resource & Payroll Manager is an agency Innovator. Broadly speaking, he or she is responsible for the HR department's daily functions, including onboarding, bi-weekly payroll, employee benefits, training, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Innovators are independent and impactful decision makers. They constantly look for ways to improve their major program, challenge the system with new ideas and never settle for following a well-worn path!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities…
He or she must have or demonstrate:
- Exceptional display of agency Core Values
- Willingness and passion to serve Habitat for Humanity
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 2 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 products
- Extensive knowledge of payroll function
- Proficient with payroll software; Paylocity experience a plus
Position is full-time (40 hours a week) and works Monday through Friday. Office hours are flexible. Evening and weekend work might be required, albeit rare. It is an exempt position. Conditions and benefits are contained in the board approved Employee Handbook. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time.
Trinity Habitat expects you to succeed in your actions and outcomes according to…
- Core Values
- Strategic Plan
- Employee Handbook
- Job Description
- Operations Manual
- Job Goals
- Provide calm, confident, and positive leadership to the entire organization.
- Disseminate information readily to stake holders as appropriate.
- Submit accurate reports according to deadlines.
- When confronted with things with which you question, disagree, or have a concern, speak directly with those involved.
- Ensure that your area, office, and/or building is clean, organized, safe, and in compliance with all codes.
- Comply with grant requirements accordingly.
- Cross train with fellow staff to ensure a steady flow of business despite absences.
- Wholly manage a primary agency program.
- Routine, independent, subjective and significant decision-making is required.
- Management Philosophy & System:
- Deploy Gung Ho management principles and practices. It is necessary to read the book Gung Ho by Ken Blanchard
- Utilize the Traction EOS management system. It is necessary to read the book Traction by Gino Wickman.
- Program budget creation and adherence.
- Assist the agency in the creation and operation of checks/balances to ensure system wide integrity. Think in terms of fraud and theft prevention.
- Create and maintain relationships with Habitat for Humanity International and other Habitat affiliates.
- Independently represents the agency outside of the office/warehouse/store.
- Authority to deviate from Operations Manual without prior approval for special circumstances.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand agency’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the agency’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Conduct or acquire background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Enter, maintain, and process information in the payroll system; information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, and other information.
- Ensure proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Initiate, maintain, and update employee files and other relevant information in Paylocity system.
- Serve as liaison and information resource for staff and HR/payroll vendors regarding human resource and payroll information.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Support the mission, values, and goals of the agency.
- And other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.