Texas Center for Arts + Academics (TCAA) is seeking an energetic, skilled Human Resource Specialist who is a team player and is passionate about recruiting, supporting and developing talent through the organization’s policies and management procedures to further the goals of educational excellence.
The ideal candidate will be responsible and reliable, and willing to regularly contribute to making TCAA a better place to work. They should be highly efficient, organized, and approachable. Applicants are expected to have a solid knowledge of various HR functions and administrative responsibilities. The ideal candidate will also foster a healthy workplace by ensuring HR procedures run smoothly at all times.
If you believe you possess the commitment, character, and skills to become part of our innovative team, we would like to hear from you.
- Ability to help develop, implement, support, and review all HR department initiatives, policies, procedures, and systems
- Leadership and instructional aptitudes needed to provide training and oversight on policies and procedures
- Continued involvement in and refinement of the recruitment process, including generating job descriptions, posting advertisements, and managing the hiring process
- Strategic development skills to develop and evaluate on-boarding plans
- Cultivate training and development programs
- Participate in performance evaluation processes
- Composure and confidentiality required to handle disciplinary and grievance issues
- Administrative duties, including upkeep of employee records (attendance, EEO data, time off, etc.), organizational charts, job descriptions and salary records
- Compliance with all policies and legal requirements
- Perceptive nature, careful monitoring of working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages
- Analyze pay scale to ensure compliance with wage and labor laws
- Forecast hiring needs and ensure recruitment process runs smoothly
- Develop and implement HR policies throughout the organization
- Process employees’ queries and respond in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labor legislation
- Conduct intake meetings and investigate employment situations
- Working with employees and management to resolve problems, identifying root causes for issues and recommending and/or implementing solutions.
- Mentor and advice manager and other senior leaders on policy, procedures, attendance, dispute resolution, work performance and other employment matters.
- This position will work in partnership with the President and CEO, CAO, Principals and Finance Director
- Lead investigations and complaint resolutions ensuring investigations are conducted and written findings and recommendations are developed in an objective and thorough manner
- Maintain understanding of School policies and practices and knowledge of relevant compliance needs
- Provide timely, accurate direction and information to all employees
- Manage all aspects of Workers’ Compensation Insurance (claims, audit, renewals, etc.)
- Recommend and implement employee accommodations
- Serve as a backup to payroll processing
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven 2+ years-work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist preferred
- Solid understanding of labor legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving abilities and detail-oriented
- Team management skills
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources or relevant field
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Applications
- Proven track record of maintaining employee confidentiality
- Able to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Experience with Title IX compliance preferred
To apply please email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.