Who We Are:
For 50 years, Metrocrest Services (Metrocrest) has provided programs for individuals, families, and seniors that lead to self-sufficiency and foster independence. Metrocrest offers a comprehensive bundle of services to address gaps in finances, employment, and nutrition to help holistically end poverty and decrease inequities for residents of Addison, Carrollton, Coppell, Farmers Branch, and the City of Dallas in Denton County.
We are looking for team members who are compassionate, professional, and committed to serving their neighbors in need. We are based in Farmers Branch, Texas. Local candidates only, please.
The Homeless Resource Manager (HRM) will respond to the recent surge in homeless individuals and families in the Metrocrest area. Duties for this position include community & street outreach for those experiencing chronic/acute homelessness, assessing the family/individual’s situation, providing appropriate community resources, and developing a Metrocrest area specific resource guide to educate community members as to partners and resources for these individuals/families. This position requires knowledge of the Housing First Model, mental health, addictive disorders, barriers to housing and benefits eligibility, especially as it relates to the homeless. The HRM must have a high level of accountability resulting in positive outcomes and is mission-focused.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in partnership with community to assess the family/individual’s situation and provide appropriate community resources (including Metrocrest Services)
• Develop a Metrocrest, area specific, resource guide to ensure community members are connected to the most appropriate community partners/resources
• Develop a Metrocrest Homeless Coalition with a diverse membership of community advocates working together to provide solutions to support those experiencing homelessness, hunger and poverty; including monthly or quarterly member meetings
• Administer the HUD annual Point and Time Count (PIT) to collect real-time data of those who are unsheltered in the area
• Work in conjunction with our local CoC to ensure stable housing and support services
• Provide temporary housing (including motels) while individuals access stable housing through the Coordinated Access System within the Dallas/Collin County CoC (Continuum of Care)
• Participate as a leader in local planning meetings within the Continuum of Care
• Engage and support those experiencing homeless both on the streets, uninhabitable dwellings and unstably housed
• Provide education and resources to front line community members/staff such as local business leaders, Police/Fire/EMS, city leadership and staff on homelessness within the Metrocrest community
• Develop a client service plan which is client focused as well as guided towards self-sufficiency for clients entering the Homeless Program
• Complete the eligibility assessment of all families and individuals entering the Homeless Program and verifies all documentation related to client’s eligibility for homelessness prevention assistance
• Set high standards for professional, technical, personal conduct and competence and is experienced/skilled working with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database entry
• Perform other assignments and duties as needed in collaboration with Intake Manager and Housing Manager
Education, Experience, & Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field (MSW Preferred)
• Minimum of five years of experience working with matters related to housing instability, crisis management and intervention for individuals and families experiencing acute or chronic homelessness
• Knowledge of the barriers facing families/individuals experiencing homelessness
• In-depth knowledge and ability to connect and communicate with community resources for client support services including community staff, first responders, local municipalities and community continuum of care’s
• Knowledge and effective execution of de-escalation techniques and crisis management
• Ability to build rapport with the unsheltered within our community
$50,000 - $60,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity
Metrocrest Services provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
You’ll love working here because we...
• Have a warm, caring work environment and culture.
• Communicate and collaborate as a team.
• Are passionate about our team members and those we serve.
• Have a leadership team that wants to do the right thing and is open to new ideas.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.