The Homeless Outreach Manager is responsible for leading a team of employees that are vital to Downtown Dallas Inc.’s mission, creating a welcoming experience for those that live, work, and play in Downtown. The Homeless Outreach team’s engagement efforts create long-term solutions for those experiencing homelessness in Downtown Dallas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements Homeless Outreach policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and performance standards; ensures day to day activities and decisions align with the mission and vision of DDI leadership.
- Oversees and manages day to day Homeless Outreach on-street operations; schedules, plans, assigns, organizes, and evaluates work; develops and trains employees as needed.
- Source new referral partners and manage the relationships with the existing partners
- Provides guidance and direction to employees to improve the level of service delivered
- Work directly with stakeholders and the public to ensure Homeless Outreach services respond to changing needs of stakeholders
- Collaborate with the DDI Security Team to coordinate homeless outreach efforts
- Conduct weekly and monthly outreach meetings and attend Downtown Dallas Inc. staff meetings
- Provide detailed weekly and monthly reports documenting homeless engagements, homeward bound processing, off the street counts, etc.
- Analyze data to determine successes and opportunities of the homeless outreach program
- Train and develop the homeless outreach team
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Public Administration, or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience of leading teams in dynamic environment while working with various stakeholders or any other equivalent combination of education or experience
- Proven ability to directly manage staff
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently and supervise others
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidential information and department integrit
- Ability to define problems, collect data and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions and draw valid conclusions.
- Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Professional maturity: The ability to separate emotions from the real issues at hand. The ability to challenge the substance of our beliefs and biases of our observations legitimately and objectively. Remains calm under pressure and in stressful situations
- Initiative: Takes a responsible, proactive approach and willingness to get things done independently; readiness to take the lead on new projects, ideas, tasks, or assignments.
- Responsibility: The ability to meet commitments made to yourself and others, keeping the promises you make, and acknowledging and accepting the choices you have made, the actions you have taken, and the results they have led to.
- Communication: The ability to write and speak effectively using appropriate convention based on the situation; actively listens to others, asks questions to verify understanding, and uses tact and consideration when delivering feedback to others.
- Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts.
- Intelligence: Understand and comprehend information, as well as find application and value from new knowledge.
- Employee Service: The ability to address employee concerns/issues in an appropriate and timely manner
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems and applications used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization
- Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
- Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Attention to Detail: Follows detailed procedures to ensure accuracy in the entry and reporting of data/information
- Organization: Uses time efficiently by prioritizing and planning work activities. Methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances and shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
- Judgment: Demonstrates ability to make independent and sound decisions in all situations.
- Teamwork: Shares key information with others involved in a project or effort, works in harmony to accomplish objectives, responds with enthusiasm to directives, and shows support for departmental and organizational decisions.
- Quality: Sets high standards and measures of excellence to ensure quality assurance in every aspect of work performed.
- Computer Savvy: The knowledge and ability to use computers and technology efficiently and effectively.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages and embraces dialogue from team members, while anticipating and resolving conflicting differences by exploring mutually agreeable solutions.
- Accountability: Takes personal responsibility and ownership for adhering to all company policies and procedures while also completing work timely and in accordance with performance expectations.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction, to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- May occasionally have prolonged walking and standing
- Activities in which you must convey by spoken, detailed word or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive manner
- Close and distance vision
- Light work that may include moving objects up to 20 pounds.
- Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, traffic)
- Requires heavy public contact requiring considerable interpersonal skill, extensive interaction with the public, requiring a high degree of customer service skills
- Normal office hours Monday to Friday. Occasionally may have to work evenings and weekends.
Please click or copy and paste the website below to submit your application.