Jubilee Park and Community Center seeks a full time Health and Wellness Coordinator.
The Health and Wellness Coordinator is a position within the Jubilee Program Team, focused specifically on our Heath Pillar and responsible for helping residents build and/or maintain healthy habits, access high-quality health education, engage in interventions that prevent or manage chronic disease, and access health resources. In partnership with the Health and Wellness Manager, this individual will help build out Jubilee’s health and wellness programming and community partnerships, which are set to expand significantly in 2021-2022.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate and execute programs that will help improve the health and wellness of Jubilee’s children, adults and seniors.
- Expand and elevate existing health programs (adult exercise classes, youth sports, and nutrition and food programs).
- Collaborate with Jubilee program staff to incorporate health and wellness activities into existing programs such as Out of School Time, Senior Program, etc.
- Coordinate Jubilee’s annual Health Expo event.
- Provide opportunities to educate residents about various health topics, prevention strategies and exercise opportunities.
- Work with new healthcare clinic partner to provide programs that address community needs and provide more comprehensive individual wellness.
- Build community relationships and attract new members to increase program participation.
- Oversee outdoor park space during programming to ensure only registered participants are present, and that the space and equipment are cared for and secured properly after programming is completed.
- Plan, develop, and execute special family and youth events related to health and wellness promotion.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate volunteers and instructors related to youth sports
- Passionate about helping others improve their health and wellness.
- Approach position with a strength-based perspective that recognizes individual and community assets.
- A strong value for justice; program development will focus on achieving health equity and reducing health disparities.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, creative and innovative; able to think outside the box.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality; familiar with HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Goal-oriented and accountable: ability to set and achieve program objectives.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and general knowledge of database entry.
- Experience creating and implementing curriculum, conflict management, and program development preferred
- Nutrition background preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others, work with volunteers, and be able modify programs across target populations (children, adults, seniors).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public/Community Health and Wellness, Health Fitness or Science, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for professional
references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.