The WARM Place has an opening for a full-time Group Director position. The primary purpose of this position is to lead evening support groups and conduct intakes for children ages 3 1/2 - 18 who have experienced the death of a loved one.
• Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related field from an accredited program required
• LPC, LPC-Intern, LCSW preferred
• 2 to 5 years experience leading support groups preferred
• Experience working with children and adults in a group-setting, supervising volunteers and providing constructive feedback to others
• Experience providing crisis intervention to at-risk populations, risk-assessment, suicide and self-harm assessment and interventions, reporting child abuse to authorities, working with diverse groups of individuals
• Knowledge and experience with death, dying and loss issues
• Flexible, adaptable style
• Maintain confidentiality and follow all WARM Place policies and procedures.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and relationship skills for working with clients, volunteers, and staff
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to work as a team
• Experience working in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Some evenings and weekends required
• Conduct intake interviews (4-5/week) with families to determine their suitability for The WARM Place program
• Serve as onsite staff member/group leader for evening support groups as assigned
• Provide ongoing support and evaluation of program monitors
• Conduct timely follow up for families between sessions
• Develop program ideas for formats, trainings, workshops, blogs, and newsletters
• Provide professional referrals to clients as needed
• Assist in responding to family inquires, phone consultations, scheduling intake interviews
• Assist with facilitator training for new volunteers twice a year
• Assist with Family Night programing four to six times per year
• Assist with supervision of graduate and undergraduate level interns
• Assist with the assessment and evaluation of program group sessions
• Assist the Program Director and Executive Director in preparation of the yearly budget
• Participation in staff meetings/trainings and planning sessions
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director and Executive Director
Interested persons should email cover letter, resume to: Dana@thewarmplace.org
Due to the volume of responses, only qualified parties will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
This job description is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities and
duties. It is not an employment contract. at The WARM Place is at-will. Administration reserves the right to alter the job description at any time.
To apply interested persons should email cover letter, resume to: Dana@thewarmplace.org