Wilkinson Center transforms the lives of Dallas families by providing pathways to self-sufficiency with dignity and respect through our Food & Emergency Services and Adult Education programs. We serve our clients at multiple locations throughout Dallas County, with a focus on East and Southeast Dallas. Our target population is individuals and families living below the federal poverty level, high school dropouts, unemployed and under-employed adults and non-English speaking residents. In 2016, we served over 2,600 households including adults, children, seniors and the disabled.
Persuasively communicates the mission and programs of Wilkinson Center to obtain substantial financial support for the organization. Researches, develops, writes, and submits funding proposals to foundations and public agencies. Reports to the Development Director and works collaboratively with the Executive Director, Department Directors, and staff to gain the necessary knowledge of programs to effectively communicate to funders through proposals, reports, meetings, and site visits.
- Manages the grant development process from start to finish; drafting compelling and dynamic letters of intent and full proposals including assembling all materials required for submission, developing budgets and timelines, coordinating site visits and producing interim progress reports for funders, administration and the Board.
- Develops and oversees grant pipeline, including identifying and researching potential funding sources matching the agency’s program goals and priorities with grant opportunities.
- Ensures ongoing cultivation and stewardship of all grants program funding sources. Manages a current portfolio of institutional donors by coordinating donor’s solicitations and communications. Maintain an accurate and updated a grant database to track deadlines, submissions, etc. Writes and submits follow-up reports and updates as required by funders.
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, participates in short and long term departmental planning initiatives including annual budget preparation, setting annual targets and goals for the grants program including development of monthly and annual metrics, tracking and reporting, and preparation of annual strategic plan that includes timelines, and resources required.
- Maintains organized files of all grant requests and reports.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university, and three years of grant writing experience, or equivalent.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills with proven grant writing and research skills, including the ability to listen and develop information into grant proposals and translate ideas into coherently written text.
- Passion for our mission
- Knowledge of local foundations and local, state, and federal grant guidelines. Experience with government grants a plus.
- A successful track record of proactive identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts from foundations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests, and meet financial goals and deadlines.
- Attention to detail, familiarity with budgets, and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Computer literacy including competency with Microsoft Office, CRM and/or donor database management. Knowledge of and skill in using Donor Perfect a plus.
Each staff member at Wilkinson Center contributes to an inclusive work environment. We value differences in people and promote practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural sensitivity. The clients we serve represent many different backgrounds, as does our team.
Send resume to HR@wilkinsoncenter.org.