The Grants Administrator, Research Programs serves as primary point of contact for grant applicants and recipients. Supports grants management team in application and peer review processes. Coordinates submission of required documents, grant contracting, legal requests, and vetting related to award initiation. Ensures deliverables are received from grantees and grant payments are issued and recorded. Fields requests for grant changes and escalates to appropriate Komen staff. Responsible for document storage and information management utilizing the Komen Grants Online Management System. Provides technical support for applicants, reviewers and grantees throughout the grant process. Produces complex, Excel-based reports that provide statistics, demographics, ratings, averages, and other numerical and text-based data. Schedules and plans conference calls, webinars and meetings.
Supports funded grants administration processes
• Communicates with grantee institution to obtain required documents and executed Grant Agreement.
• Ensures review of potential overlap in funding, and requests for exceptions to document approval requirements.
• Escalates requests for delay in funding to Manager, Community Health Programs.
• Escalates legal issues to Komen Legal Department.
• Obtains grantee payment information and prepares vendor log form for each grantee for transmission to Komen Accounting Department.
• Ensures that correspondence with grantees and institutional officials are documented within GeMS.
• Issues reminders to grantees and managers on upcoming deliverable due dates; informs manager of delinquencies.
• Ensures that grant payments and refunds are, approved, issued and appropriately recorded in GeMS and/or ProposalCentral.
• Fields requests for changes to project plans, personnel, budget, and institution and escalates to appropriate management staff.
• Obtains annual updates of required documents.
• Assists in oral and written communication with grantees, financial officials, review committee members, and other individuals as needed to maintain required documents, reports and payments.
Assists Grants Management Team during application and peer review processes.
• Prepares and sends Request for Application to distribution list; assists with applicant and reviewer registrations and submissions in online Grants eManagement System
• Prepares and sends routine reviewer documents and correspondence such as reviewer guides and instructions
• Tracks submission of reviewer ratings and critiques and issues reminders of deadlines, etc. Follows up with reviewers to obtain missing information
• Prepares complex reports summarizing and calculating ratings to support Committee Chairperson review; prepares document summarizing reviewer critiques
• Posts critique summaries to application system and issues notification of review results to applicants
• Maintains knowledge of requirements as outlined in the Request for Applications, determines applicant eligibility, and answers questions about application elements
• Escalates inquiries to Community Grants Managers as needed.
• Prepares reviewer honoraria payments, collects and tracks financial documentation.
• Produces complex documents and reports
• Uses Excel and Access to track information, calculate reviewer ratings, prepare financial data, and prepare other grant portfolio reports as needed.
• Supports preparation of program funder progress and financial reports.
• Schedules conference calls, webinars and meetings
• Prepares Agendas and supporting documents
• Coordinates with Events and IT departments for A/V needs, food & beverage, travel, etc.
• Takes notes and prepares minutes and reports as needed
• Supports communications and education efforts to develop strategies and novel approaches for illustrating the impact of Komen's community grants investments.
Minimum Experience Required
The position requires 3 – 5 years of related experience.Advanced expertise of Excel and Access required. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including functions of Excel and Access to generate substantive reports. Ability to manage a large, complex workflow with multiple deadlines, data points, and priorities. Highly developed administrative and organizational skills, and financial acumen. Superior interpersonal skills, both in person and on the telephone. Demonstrated success coordinating information and data across multiple team members. Shows positive approach to work, flexibility, cultural awareness, sensitivity to relationships, security, and confidentiality.
Prefer Master’s degree in public health or public administration, with two or more years of related experience, preferably within grant making environment.