Grants Administrator and Database Coordinator
The North Texas Community Foundation is looking for a responsible individual for our organization as a Grants Administrator and Database Coordinator. This person must be familiar with data entry and be very diligent about processes and the commitment to ethical and confidential use of information. Must be proficient in problem solving and analytical skills and eager to work within our software applications in multiple capacities. Will work with the Controller and must have good people skills and be a team player for small office of professionals working in philanthropy.
- Processes weekly grants recommended by donor advisors and oversees the due diligence process.
- Maintains grant records and correspondence to non-profit grantees and is responsible for notifying donor advisors as the grants are dispersed from their funds.
- Keeps list of recurring grants to be made and processes grants in a timely manner.
- Communicates with fund holders regarding: Procedures, due diligence, Donor Central or nonprofit grant questions.
- Documents grant procedures for grants and grant files including electronic archiving of old records. Maintains document retention on grant files.
- Follow up on stale grant checks with original recipient.
- Handles overall administration and reporting for scholarship program.
- Maintains good relationships with scholarship donors and award recipients.
- Maintains scholarship documents for each fund including applications, criteria, conflict of interest and notification forms. Distributes documents as needed.
- Forms volunteer selection committees when required.
- Updates scholarship section of website.
- Responsible for scholarship processing, including committee oversight, preparation of application packets, entry in FIMS and distributions of checks and scholarship letters/announcements.
- Documents scholarship procedures including electronic archiving of old records. Maintains document retention on scholarship files.
- Oversees the daily duties for the Fleetwood Fund. Sending funds to fallen officer’s family in a timely manner, follow up, filing, paperwork.
- Oversees the processing of funds going out of the Badge & Shield Fund, Tarrant County 100 Fund and the Arlington Police Foundation Fund.
Coordinates Data Profiles and Reporting
- Performs initial profile setup duties including preparation of entry of data on checklists. Verifies proper affiliations are added for new fund holders.
- Provides reports on data elements as needed.
- Works in a team accounting environment assisting in accounts payable and Controller activities as needed.
Skills and Competencies
- Upholds the commitment to ethical and confidential use of information
- Accomplished communication and people skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including being detail oriented, the ability to work independently, to prioritize and manage tasks efficiently and effectively within deadlines, and to manage office workflows.
- Proficient in problem solving and analytical skills.
- Energy, integrity, judgment, discretion, maturity and flexibility.
- Team player – ability to work with others to accomplish the mission of the Foundation.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Excel, MS Outlook, email, internet browsers, and learns specialized data base software easily.
- Some college preferred; minimum five years of relevant administrative and bookkeeping experience.
Seeking to fill position as soon as possible. Competitive salary depending on experience plus benefits. Please submit resume, references and cover letter to: JShazima@northtexascf.org
For more information about the North Texas Community Foundation, visit: www.northtexascf.org