Who We Are
Mission Allies provides nonprofits with comprehensive grant writing services, fund development strategy and special projects. With more than 45 years of collective experience in fundraising and grant writing, we help nonprofits achieve their fundraising goals. Put simply, we are an ally for our clients, strengthening them from within as we walk alongside them and raise funds to impact some our most vulnerable community members.
The Grant Writer position is responsible for writing and reviewing grant proposals for a portfolio of clients. Depending on the candidate's experience and strengths, the position may include some consulting duties.
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every job qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate, we would like to hear from you.
- 1-3 years of writing successful grant proposals for a variety of foundation, government and corporate grant-making entities.
- The ability to work both independently and as an integral member of a small team environment.
- A self-starter who will take charge of an assignment and ask questions as needed.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented. Must be able to manage the planning and execution of multiple activities at any given time. Must have the ability to meet multiple deadlines while producing quality work.
- Able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Strong written communications skills and the ability to write and edit succinct, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Advanced command of proper grammar and spelling with keen attention to detail.
- Has a desire to deliver exceptional customer service and possesses professional interpersonal and social skills suitable to working with a variety of clients from a range of backgrounds, religions, and focus areas.
- Has the ability to learn and apply guidelines, policies and procedures developed and set forth by Mission Allies leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working for a human services nonprofit or deep volunteer experience with a nonprofit
- Previous consulting experience
- Additional certifications – CFRE, GPC, Nonprofit Management Certification etc.
Mission Allies’ office is located near the Tollway and Northwest Highway. After a training period, we offer a flexible work environment with the option to telecommute.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. Salary Range is $50,000 to $80,000, depending on experience. Mission Allies offers PTO and health, dental and vision insurance.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three professional references to email@example.com. Only candidates receiving interviews will be contacted. No calls please.