Location: Commemorative Air Force Headquarters, Dallas, Texas
Remote work allowed: No
The National Headquarters of the Commemorative Air Force, located at the Dallas Executive Airport in Dallas, Texas, is seeking a full-time Grant Writer.
The CAF has a robust fundraising program, including a national direct mail program, planned giving program and grants program, and other fundraising appeals. The Grant Writer supports the organization’s fundraising efforts by implementing a comprehensive grant funding and stewardship plan, in addition to developing proposals to high-level donors and provide input to a wide array of different types of fundraising materials, including appeals, social media copy, website updates and articles for multiple communication tools.
The Grant Writer will work closely with the Philanthropy Manager, and other members of team, in creating acknowledgment letters, individualized funding proposals, content for organizational magazine, and other written communications as assigned. The ability to write persuasively and to clearly communicate our organization’s programs and mission that results in funding is key. This role reports to the Philanthropy Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Using persuasive communication skills, creates grants and proposals to secure funding, and coordinates internal staff and volunteer review and approval as
- Supports the CAF’s grants program, planned giving program, and other special projects as assigned.
- Has the primary responsibility for ensuring grant submissions and required reporting to foundations and corporations is accomplished on-time and in compliance with
- Using the available tools such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Altru, Blackbaud Research Point, Internet search programs, and other research programs, researches and identifies potential foundations, corporations and individuals who can become prospects/donors. Creates Research Profiles that are shared with Executive Staff and
- Works with the Philanthropy Team to develop comprehensive fundraising strategies by identifying corporate, foundation, and government prospects and analyzing funding history to identify possible increases or enhanced relationships.
- Gathers and creates fundraising materials, including PowerPoint presentations, brochures, and other materials, as needed, to develop the case for funding.
- Working with the Philanthropy Manager, Chief Relationship Officer, the Marketing Department and other staff, collaboratively writes, proofs, and edits various organizational material, such as Annual Report, fundraising appeals and social media
- Ensures all formal grant-related materials are documented and retained in an organized manner, both electronically and in paper files, as
- Updates Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Altru, and other tools to build an electronic history of information related to grant submissions and other prospects/donors/funders as
- Operates collaboratively with a high attention to detail to provide excellent service and develop strong working relationships based on trust and confidence with funders, prospects, donors, volunteers and
- Assists management in maintaining and updating the Unit fundraising tools provided to CAF volunteers across the
- Provides support for CAF activities and events, such as the Legends of the Skies Luncheon, CAF Wings Over Dallas WWII Airshow and
- Performs other duties as
Employment Type Full-time Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience grant writing and editing in a professional setting, 5+ years of experience in a nonprofit setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasive, clear and concise fundraising
- Demonstrated interest or experience in aviation and/or WWII history a
Required Skills & Abilities:
Excellent persuasive writing
- High level of poise and professionalism, including follow-through and attention to detail.
- Familiarity and basic knowledge of fundraising.
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects concurrently, and meet deadlines in a time-constrained environment.
- High level of enthusiasm, initiative, motivation and self-direction.
- Team oriented; works well within group
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines in a fast-paced
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Must be knowledgeable about, and capable of articulating verbally and in writing, the CAF’s mission, vision, and priorities.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance paid 100% for employee
- Life insurance, long-term and short-term disability paid 100% for employee
- Retirement plan matching
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.
The Commemorative Air Force is the world’s largest WWII Flying Museum with over 170 WWII aircraft and 80 units in 28 states and 4 international locations. The CAF has a volunteer membership of approximately 11,000. Information concerning our organization can be obtained at www.commemorativeairforce.org.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.