Established in May 1991, Jonathan’s Place provides a safe, loving home and specialized services to children who have been victims of abuse, abandonment or neglect. Please visit our website, jpkids.org for information about our agency. You will also find a fillable application form there if you don't have a resume form to upload.
Jonathan's Place is accepting applications for a Grant Accountant in our Accounting Department. This position is responsible for accounting, financial reporting and analysis, for government grants, including cost reimbursement and/or fee for service contracts.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Two to five years of recent and relevant grant accounting experience.
- Ability to research OMB Uniform Guidance; understand and apply complex federal, state, local, and other laws, regulations, and guidelines to various accounting, payroll, and grant-related functions and procedures.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with peers and senior management.
- Ability to create and maintain current desk procedures
- Reliable transportation and current auto insurance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record biweekly payroll entry, allocating cost based on hours worked
- Collect and maintain documentation for all monthly grant-related charges
- Evaluate eligibility for reimbursements based on contract terms and approved budget
- Submit financial status reports for eligible charges monthly
- Reconcile backup to general ledger and financial status reports monthly
- Prepare budget versus actual reports; provide updates to senior management
- Assist in year-end duties, including preparing and recording accruals
- Assist with annual financial audit
- Document processes (desk procedures)
- Cross-train with departmental staff on all primary functions
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with OMB Uniform Guidance
- Relevant experience with cost reimbursement and fee for service contracts
- Proficiency with Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Financial Edge/Blackbaud a plus
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines for agency
- Ability to work as a team player and work effectively with other agency employees, outside visitors, and volunteers
Applicant must pass a criminal history background check, pre-employment drug screen, and TB test. An FBI Fingerprint test will also be part of the process. A current Texas driver's license and Texas Liability Insurance card are also required.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.