Reports to: Director of Leadership and Governance
Position: Full‐time Non-Exempt
Founded in 1920 by the Salesmanship Club of Dallas, Momentous Institute offers comprehensive education and therapeutic services to over 5,000 children and family members each year. This direct work with families is amplified through an investment in research and the training of educators, mental health professionals and influencers from around the country. The focus is on building and repairing social emotional health so children, families and communities can achieve their full potential. With an emphasis on innovation, collaboration and training, Momentous Institute offers a truly dynamic work environment.
The Governance Analyst is responsible for creating the documentation required for effective Board governance and organizational development. This includes documenting the discussion and outcomes of various Board, Board committee and staff meetings, credibly reflecting the content of meetings, and ensuring accuracy of information considered, funds disbursed, and decisions made. In addition, the Governance Analyst tracks on monthly program updates and service data, creating and generating materials that are used by various teams to assess progress, understand challenges, and effectively plan for the future. Working with a diverse team of community leaders, educators and mental health professionals, the Governance Analyst inspires confidence through an ability to clarify information, connect ideas, and create dynamic materials that facilitate improved understanding and enthusiasm for the collective efforts.
- Maintain a governance calendar that informs stakeholders of all responsibilities and commitments.
- Create timely, accurate minutes documenting discussion at Momentous Institute’s Board of Directors, and at selected Board and staff Committees and Councils.
- Create informative documents that effectively employ style and design to communicate trends in monthly service statistics.
- Develop new ways to present and disseminate information among selected stakeholders, strengthening connections to and engagement with Momentous Institute’s work.
- Act in a project manager role, taking responsibility for predefined tasks that advance Momentous Institute’s organizational development.
- Support the onboarding of new employees, helping them to access essential information about leadership and governance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong analytical and exceptional listening skills
- Superior written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proven ability to streamline and organize complex information, turning it into user-friendly documentation
- Talent and enthusiasm for collaboration with diverse teams of people who are passionate about their work.
- Valid TX Driver’s License
Desired personal qualities:
Integrity, initiative, and flexibility.
- Applications are currently being accepted and the position will remain open until filled.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
- Momentous Institute maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the organization’s operation Momentous Institute hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background investigation, including a check of the National Sex Offender Registry