The Nasher Sculpture Center is seeking a smart, hard-working, detail-oriented, and ethical individual to serve as the museum’s part-time Gift Processor.
The Gift Processor will be a vital part of the Nasher’s fundraising team. S/he will ensure the accurate, efficient and effective processing of gifts and the security and integrity of our data. The Gift Processor will advise on and adhere to the museum’s data integrity protocol.
About the Nasher Sculpture Center
Open since 2003 and located in the Dallas Arts District, the Nasher Sculpture Center is home to one of the finest collections of modern and contemporary sculpture in the world. The Nasher presents world-class exhibitions, popular public programs, and impactful educational initiatives throughout the year.
The Nasher’s Advancement team, comprised of seven full- and part-time fundraising professionals, is responsible for building relationships and generating revenue that help make the museum’s exhibitions and programs possible.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes of all gifts / donations / memberships made to the Nasher Sculpture Center using Altru, the museum’s CRM / donor database
- Maintains and updates appropriate records (e.g. batches, paper files, and other records) related to financial contributions
- Maintains compliance with defined procedures to ensure security of all checks, cash, and credit card information
- Processes matching gift forms and updates the database to track corporate matching contributions
- Reviews and updates existing individual and organizational records as part of gift processing and creates new records when appropriate
Database: Data Integrity and Security
- Runs regular monitoring and makes corrections and updates, as necessary, in the donor database
- Perform complex constituent data entry (following Nasher Sculpture Center data protocol) with acute attention to detail
- Regularly runs duplicate constituent reports to ensure data integrity
- Makes recommendations on how the team can most effectively utilize the database to meet our overall goals
- Assists the Advancement team, as needed, in carrying out day-to-day administrative tasks
- Provides support, along with the entire Advancement team, for occasional fundraising / membership special events
- Other miscellaneous duties, as assigned
- Reports To: Manager of Advancement Operations
- Works Closely With: Manager of Member Engagement, Manager of Institutional Giving
- Direct Report: n/a
- Strong interest in the arts and in working in a creative / cultural / nonprofit / museum setting
- One or more years of related / relevant / transferable experience, preferably in data entry, database operations, or data management
- Bachelor’s degree (or considerable, comparable work experience)
- Experience with CRM / database systems (Raisers’ Edge or Altru experience strongly preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Professional demeanor, with strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in learning, growing, and problem-solving
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to treat fundraising / donor information with discretion
- This is a part-time position and will average 25 hours per week
- General office environment with occasional work throughout the museum’s facilities
- Significant computer work
How to Apply
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to James Jillson, Director of Individual Giving and Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.