Jonathan’s Place is seeking a Foster Care and Adoption Trainer. The Trainer is responsible for educating foster parents and staff on the effects of trauma on children and trauma-informed responses. The trainer will develop and update training curriculum, as well as create training schedule.
The Trainer position is a full-time position of 40 hours per week, with evenings and weekends as needed to provide required trainings. The full-time salaried position includes benefits of paid holidays; generous PTO plan; 100% paid premium for life insurance; medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k; short-term and long-term disability available; and various other health plan options. Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Provide training on the traumatic effects of abuse and neglect, along with trauma-informed responses to professionals and caregivers
• Foster professional relationships with professionals and caregivers by providing excellent customer service and responding to requests for training in a timely manner in an effort to promote programming
• Continue self-education on current trends and research in the field of child development and trauma
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Work, Human Services or related field
• Three years of experience in working within a trauma-related field and facilitating training materials/content
• Knowledge of child development and behavior management
• Training in TBRI® preferred