Job Title: Financial Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director and CEO
Compensation: $40,000 - $45,000
Position Overview: The Financial Manager’s role involves processing Sharing Life's accounts payable and accounts receivable. The Financial Manager assists and supports the Board Treasurer and development team in acknowledging donors and grant reporting, preparing financial reports, and processing payroll.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process incoming donation thank you letters, both monetary and in-kind
- Prepare financial reports by collecting and analyzing financial data
- Comply with all local, state, and federal legal requirements
- Track and report financial information per grant requirements
- Assist organization staff in special programs (fundraising, etc)
- Input financial transactions through Quickbooks and integrate with donor software
- Work with staff to prepare annual fiscal budget
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 5 years’ experience working in accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and payroll
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be proficient in Quickbooks
- Microsoft Office familiarity
- Fund accounting experience highly preferred
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Experience with donor management software (preferably Donorperfect)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule, including some evening and weekend work.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.