We Furnish Hope
Dallas Furniture Bank provides furniture to families transitioning from homelessness, restoring normalcy and independence.
Position: Executive Director
The Executive Director is the key management position of the Dallas Furniture Bank (DFB). Reporting to the Chair of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the execution of the agency’s mission through staff, programs, fundraising and community engagement work.
This position will be the compassionate face of DFB, both to clients moving out of trauma/homelessness, and to outside partners wishing to assist those clients. We are looking for a computer-savvy, energetic person with out-of-this-world customer service skills who is as comfortable conversing with stressed-out, vulnerable homeless clients as they are with a top executive.
- Responsible for planning, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs
- Develops and implements consistent inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide in a timely and accurate manner all information necessary for the Board to function strategically to make informed decisions
- Ensure that both program services and funding relationships meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives
- Provide leadership to and manage the efforts of staff to ensure appropriate support for all departments
- Retain diverse and qualified staff and volunteers
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, Board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations and funders
Financial Performance and Viability
Stewardship of the organization’s funds, and the funds donated by individuals, companies and foundations allows us to do what we do.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing diversified revenue streams to support DFB’s mission. Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends
- Coordinate and lead annual budget reviews, monthly and periodic forecast updates
- Approve major systems implementations related to cost and inventory control
- Acknowledge and record data in a timely manner all donations received
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of DFB to include submission to the Board of the proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
Fundraising and Community Engagement
If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Your adrenalin starts pumping when face-to-face (ZOOM) with a prospect.
- Own the stewardship of our current and potential donors.
- Manage marketing consultants to deepen and refine all aspects of communications – from web presence, social media, newsletters to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Direct and manage all grant-related activities
- Foster and maintain working relationships with member agencies, including consistently understanding and adjusting to their changing needs
- Plan and manage staff and volunteers for various fundraising events and initiatives tied to strategic revenue goals
- Grow awareness and participate in the homeless continuum of care
- Stay up to date on Dallas-area occurrences to better anticipate changing needs and solutions affecting program delivery
- Launch a targeted, well thought out and managed North Texas Giving Day Campaign yearly, including providing support and guidance to the Board to participate successfully
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations as well as any new programs launches
Furniture Program Management
The ideal candidate will possess a keen understanding of non-profit operational and financial management, including, but not limited to the following:
- Nurture all aspects of DFB’s relationships with Partner Agencies
- Review and approve all financial transactions
- Oversee all warehouse operations alongside the Program Manager and the warehouse team
Qualifications and Skills
Does this profile look like you?
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop a team, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Ability to cultivate existing Board member relationships and recruitment of new members
- Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
- Sensitivity to community and client needs
We’re not going to give you a test, but experience counts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Management, Finance, Nonprofit Management
- 5 or more years of non-profit management experience in an operational environment
- Master’s Degree, Nonprofit Management Certificate or CFRE a plus
Additional Experience A Plus:
- Work or volunteer experience in the homeless services field
- Professional experience in staffing, human resources, or business-related fields
- Bilingual in Spanish
- College coursework in Human Services field (psychology, sociology, social work, etc.)
For details or applications, contact:
Dallas Furniture Bank Executive Director Search Committee
Please send your resume and a cover letter with your salary requirements to: