Reporting to and in partnership with the Senior Vice President, the Executive Director of Development is responsible for assisting the SVP with strategic development, best practices development, operational and employee oversight within the Foundation business unit. This position develops and administers the organizational level short and long-range development plans and is directly responsible for continuing to refine the development function of the Envision Foundation, raising funds to support the mission and working hand-in-hand with the other programmatic departments it supports.
This position calls for an experienced, confident fundraising leader who thrives in a complex and proactive environment; has a track record of success in major gift fundraising; understands and embraces relational, sustainable fundraising; has a passion for excellence; and cares about the mission and people of Envision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Identifies potential contributors including individuals, corporations, and foundations; develops strategies to secure major philanthropic support.
- Actively manages a portfolio of prospects capable of making gifts of $100,000+, working closely with the CEO and Senior Vice President for Mission Services to create compelling strategies for transformational gifts.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan including individual giving, grant development, direct mail, special events, employee giving, planned giving and an endowment strategy for the organization.
- Develop and implement grant development plan involving foundations and corporations; manage all reporting
- Develop and implement annual direct mail plan
- Develop and implement Foundation special events
- Develop and implement employee giving program
- Develop and implement a planned giving program
- Develop and implement an endowment strategy.
- Manage donor recognition/appreciation activities and events.
- Manage the implementation of fundraising software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing including pledge reminders.
- Build volunteer group to assist in fundraising activities, special events and other Foundation programs and events.
- Provide support to the SVP in identifying and developing strategies, SOPs and KPIs that positively impact or improve the Foundation output and viability.
- Maintain professional contact with other institutions, associations, and organizations where collaboration and networking are of benefit to both parties.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals, and other literature and by attending related conferences.
- Staff the CEO and SVP appropriately in major and principal gift activity, preparing information, keeping in constant communication, and guiding solicitation and stewarding opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with Envision’s Communications Team to prepare printed materials, as appropriate.
- Oversee efforts for recruitment, development, and performance evaluation of employees.
- Develop, manage and actively participate in the annual strategic planning process to include budgeting, monthly business reviews and other financial metrics as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and/or Certified Fund Raising Executive designation preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years proven experience in fund raising/development as well as managerial/administrative oversight. Related experience may be substituted.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of donor database management systems.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 2
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
apply online www.envisionus.com