Lightpath Health (LPH) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit providing no-cost medical care to underserved and under-resourced communities in Dallas. LPH believes every person, regardless of income, location or insurance status deserves access to high-quality, relational healthcare. LPH is seeking to hire an Executive Director to guide the strategic direction of the nonprofit, advance the mission through relationship and resource development, partner with stakeholders to ensure effective service delivery and oversee operations to maintain full compliance.
LPH began in 2020 and seeks to grow its current services by opening additional locations in areas of need. The ideal candidate will bring healthcare experience, nonprofit acumen, and a passion for growing the reach and impact of LPH.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Define the goals and tactics for fundraising and program initiatives in support of the mission.
· Evaluate management needs and apply consultative problem-solving skills for long-term and day-to-day issues.
· Make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of employees, partners, and community.
· Identify opportunities for organizational improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance to mission implementation, and enable desirable actions.
· Provide strategic direction for program initiatives and identify opportunities, compile data, disseminate information, evaluate impact, and build networks in support of them.
· Partner with the Board of Directors, Medical Director, staff, vendors, partners, and volunteers to ensure organizational success and advancement of the mission.
· Provide leadership and administrative oversight.
· Select, develop, and lead the organization’s personnel and volunteers. Counsel and provide personnel disciplinary action up to, and including, termination.
· Develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to promote growth of the organization and mutual edification within partnerships.
· Lead others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives; provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams and drive employee engagement.
· Establish and communicate organizational goals and accomplishments, incorporating individual and team efforts in formal and informal feedback and recognition programs.
· Develop, document, and implement the organization’s fundraising strategy.
· Identify and cultivate prospective donor relationships and steward existing donors.
· Identify and recruit new community and strategic partners.
· Leverage and enhance donor and prospect relationships and manage donor portfolios to achieve resource goals.
· Lead the organization’s marketing and communication strategy, coordinating with external partners and vendors to achieve these needs.
· Drive operational policies, procedures, and processes across departments.
· Advance operational efficiency and effectiveness between teams to improve processes that drive program success and improve outcomes.
· Collaborate with clinical and data teams to optimize initiatives.
· Assess, evaluate, and report on overall team, individual team members and organizational performance.
· Demonstrate a mindset toward efficiency and process improvement to drive performance.
· Lead the annual budgeting process and recommend actions to ensure financial stability and sustainability.
· Work with partner leadership teams to identify, recommend and develop new community health initiatives or services.
· Participate in the planning, development and implementation of major policy and business initiatives.
· Build and approve the organization’s hiring plan.
· Align staffing with productivity measures and anticipated growth based on associated roles.
· This is a hybrid role based in Dallas, TX, requiring working from shared office spaces and remotely. The role includes travelling locally for meetings and activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field, or associate degree with equivalent experience required.
· Minimum of seven (7) years experience required with at least three (3) years nonprofit leadership experience preferred.
· Prior experience in development and fundraising strategy, including donor cultivation required.
· Prior experience in healthcare, community health, nonprofit healthcare, startup nonprofit or related experience preferred.
· Context and experience within local community resources and dynamics preferred.
· Proficiency in computer and software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel) or ability to learn new programs quickly.
· Effectiveness in communication style (written and verbal), with proven ability to positively influence behavior toward a positive outcome.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment.
· Ability to communicate impact through story-telling and outcome reporting.
· Ability to adapt and quickly learn electronic programs utilized for research and data management.
· Positive, service-oriented attitude. High level of integrity.
· Ability to coordinate multiple activities and collaborate cross-organizationally.
· Excellent attention to detail, growth mindset and a high level of curiosity.
· Ability to lead and direct key stakeholders, inside and outside of the nonprofit organization.
· Ability to attract, build and retain key talent.
· Knowledge of grant and proposal writing.
· General knowledge of sales, public relations, management, and fundraising.
· Must maintain a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and appropriate insurance coverage.
Compensation and Benefits
LPH is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity and transparency in its hiring practices. The minimum base salary for this position is $116,000. The compensation package will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, FSA, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Wise Resource Development has been retained to lead the recruitment of the Executive Director for the Organization. Wise Resource Development is a nonprofit consulting agency specializing in recruiting skilled nonprofit executives and fundraising professionals.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, at least three professional references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Only those receiving interviews will be contacted.