Reporting to the Board, the Executive Director manages the daily operation of GHFC by performing a broad range of duties in the areas of office administration, strategic planning and implementation, facilities management, IT support, executive report preparation, expense forecasting and budget preparation and reporting, contract administration, compliance with governmental rules and regulations regarding affordable housing, correspondence preparation, project management and coordination, interface with city staff and regulatory agency officials on affordable housing projects and issues, purchase, rehabilitation, and sale of single family homes in the City, Board meeting planning and preparation, other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Board president and Board members.
This position will manage the GHFC’s portfolio by preparing reports, ensuring timely completion of financial audits and other related partnership or GHFC filings, monitor contracts for compliance, and assist on credit analysis and underwriting of various real estate transactions. Key dates and deadlines will be established by the President and/or Board, and includes any statutory dates and deadlines.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Development and management of the GHFC’s annual budget and annual audit
- Primary point of contact for and manages the relationship with the City
- Oversee the GHFC’s senior living developments
- Preparation of agenda and materials for monthly Board meeting
- Market, promote, and manage the Mortgage Certificate Program, the Down-payment Assistance Program, the Neighborhood Improvement Grant Program, and the Single-Family Home Initiative.
- Locate opportunities for acquisition/rehabilitation projects and make recommendations to the board regarding those projects.
- Review proposals related to developments and real estate transactions and make recommendations to the board regarding those transactions.
- Prepare short, medium and long range plans for implementing the mission of the GHFC, subject to approval by the Board.
- Coordination of Board attendance at the annual conference for the state association and the national association
- Work with developers, lenders, and partners, including the issuance of revenue notes and bonds, to provide agreements and financing for multifamily rental residential developments intended to be occupied by persons of low and moderate income.
- Work with bond counsel and financial advisor on bond issuances
- Work with the treasurer to keep financial records, develop the annual budget, complete the annual audit, and prepare financial forecasting
- Work with the secretary to maintain minutes, policies, and other corporate records and documents
- Responsible for compliance for all filings with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and Texas Secretary of State
- Manage the GHFC’s web site and social media accounts
- Serve as the assistant secretary and as assistant treasurer
- Staff and manage the GHFC office
- Other duties as requested and required
All of the above performed as follows:
- Answer or return all calls on average within the same day for voice mails left in the morning and by noon of the next day for voice mails left in the afternoon.
- Respond to all e-mails on average within 24 hours of receipt.
Self initiative is critical; works under limited supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Has day-to-day latitude in interpreting and providing general functions in area of expertise.
Receives direction as required from the Board, primarily through the President, in the day-to-day administration associated with this position. Will require closer Board supervision on major projects and accountabilities.
Minimum office hours of 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, are required.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Related bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge/experience. A high school diploma or GED equivalent required. Five plus years of community development, real estate, non-profit, or affordable housing experience is required.
Detail oriented; analytical and PC proficiency in word processing; database applications and spreadsheet design; strong verbal/written communication skills; proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service; strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required; knowledge of basic business and accounting practices is needed.
Please email your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. Salary is commensurate with experience and ability.