Position Description and Board Expectations: The Executive Director of Project Connect, Inc. (“Project Connect”) reports to the Board of Directors and has leadership responsibility for Project Connect’s mission, vision, strategic direction and organizational planning, growth, financial stability, church and philanthropic relations, financial development, staffing, and operations.
This position requires an inspiring leader who can lead the staff and collaborate effectively with the board, community and church leaders, donors, and volunteers. The Executive Director will be a visionary leader with a demonstrated history of forming partnerships and leading successfully in challenging times. He or she will champion and position Project Connect as an ideal church partner, implementing strategies to deliver on our mission with greater impact for our client community. This position requires experience leading teams, and the skill sets and expertise to successfully lead a multi-site, multi-program organization.
The Board believes its new Executive Director should be an experienced leader who has the background and qualities that will permit him or her to achieve excellence in the following:
• Develop Vision and Implement Strategic Plans: With the board, participate in a collaborative process that rallies stakeholders to build upon our strategic roadmap that addresses the needs of the organization, and the key issues that will make Project Connect successful. Lead staff in the implementation of a strategic plan that aligns with the mission and vision of the organization; adapting to meet the changing needs of the communities we serve through new programs and modifications to existing ones. Employ program and operational improvement strategies, and track outcomes. Lead volunteers to support the strategies and goals of the organization. Serve as an innovator who drives bold impact to address the communities’ poverty issues while positioning the organization for sustained success and relevance.
o Key competencies: influence, strong communication, effective leadership and management, team building and listening skills, change management skills, openness to innovation, focus on results.
• Assure Responsible Fiscal Management: Ensure Project Connect’s financial resources are responsibly managed and effectively report its financial position to all relevant stakeholders. Empower and guide staff leaders to lead their programs to successful financial operation. The Executive Director will demonstrate a clear understanding of key financial drivers, including philanthropy and stewardship as key components of our financial model.
o Key competencies: financial acumen, decision-making strength, quality results, consistent metric improvement, and fundraising success.
• Advocate the Vision of Project Connect with Local Church Communities and Build Donor and Volunteer Relationships: Function as an ambassador for the vision of Project Connect within the church and philanthropic communities. Ensure Project Connect is recognized as the leading nonprofit committed to poverty alleviation. Interact and communicate with Project Connect donors, staff and volunteers and be seen as an active and integral member of the church community. Develop and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, while always upholding the highest standards of the values of Project Connect. Create strategic, mutually beneficial relationships with local churches in our communities. Inspire and mobilize donors, volunteers, and church partners to strengthen undeserved communities. Exhibit passion about poverty alleviation.
o Key competencies: community-building, collaboration, strong communication, influence, strategic relationships, ability to convert church leaders into strong church partners and promoters of congregant volunteerism.
· Assure Development and Implementation of Strategic Operational and Capital Fundraising Plans: Position Project Connect as a charity of choice. Serve as Project Connect’s clear leader in fundraising and instill excitement/passion for the work of Project Connect with multiple stakeholder groups. Lead the organization to a new level of impact in annual giving, capital development, and grant support. Build trusted relationships with leaders on the Board who can provide visibility and credibility for Project Connect’s strategic initiatives. Establish a plan for increasing contributed dollars to support service growth. Instill confidence, credibility, and trust in Project Connect with the church community and foundation leaders, as well as other donors. Commit to extraordinary stewardship through effective and transparent communication and reporting to donor investors. Provide leadership and drive operational accountability for meeting fundraising goals and key performance indicators.
o Key competencies: creative, big picture philanthropy thinking; collaborative spirit; knowledge of church and community resources, ability to engage and partner these resources to meet strategic objectives; ability to instill excitement and passion for the work of Project Connect; emotional maturity, strong communication skills.
• Develop Skills of Staff and Lead Them to Success: Lead with humility and integrity, demonstrating high regard for honesty and courage. Possess an engaging, open, positive, and inclusive leadership style to create a spirit of camaraderie and a sense of mission/purpose. Establish a culture of ensuring investment in attracting, developing, motivating, mentoring, engaging, empowering, and retaining diverse talent to meet strategic priorities. Ensure that a talent development system is in place to build a diverse, outstanding, dedicated and culturally competent staff team. Create a learning organization to achieve the highest potential of staff. Cultivate an organizational culture of high expectations and accountability for critical objectives at all levels in a positive and productive manner. Model professional trust with all staff to ensure openness to innovation and to foster cross-functional collaboration.
· Key competencies: transparency, humility, courage, personal integrity and values, empathy and compassion, relationship-building, emotional maturity, developing and mentoring others, and succession planning.
Minimum Criteria for Candidates:
· A dynamic and visionary servant leader with exceptional skills in building relationships with people, demonstrated community collaborative work, asset development experience and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Commitment to the mission of Project Connect and to uphold its core values and ethics.
• Preferred experience in working with or in poverty alleviation-focused organization.
· Bachelor's degree; related graduate degree preferred.
• Strong preference for a minimum of five years prior experience in a senior leadership role with related experience at a comparable organization with direct supervision of multiple levels of staff and employees.
• A proven history of budgetary and fiscal management; past success and experience raising significant contributed dollars.
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and delegate, balancing strategic and operation obligations.
• Preferred experience overseeing and managing a multi-site organization.
• Preferred experience in working with churches or in para church environments.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal skills.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills and software systems.
• Preferred ability to identify, equip and lead a team of volunteers.
• Ability to accommodate early morning and late-day meetings and events; available for occasional travel
• Ability to speak any language in addition to English is a plus.
Salary Range: Anticipated base salary is $85,000 depending upon experience, plus bonus potential.
Benefits: All benefits provided to all Project Connect full time staff per the personnel policy (including medical and dental insurance, PTO).
Position Classification: Exempt Full-Time; infrequent, remote-work flexibility.
Other Information: Please click the links below to learn more about Project Connect Inc. and the Nashville area.
Deadline to Submit Information:
Resumes, cover letters, and references accepted through February 14, 2022.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
Candidates will apply via the following:
You are requested to submit the following: a resume and cover letter, along with four professional references. Note: References will be checked on final candidates only.
Questions regarding this position should be sent to email@example.com