The Executive Director (ED) serves as the chief executive officer, responsible to the board of directors for the effective conduct of the affairs of the Texas Association of Charitable Clinics. The ED recommends and participates in board formulation of organization mission, goals, objectives, and related policies. Within that framework, the ED plans, organizes, coordinates, controls, and directs the staff, programs, and activities of the organization.
Founded in 2005, the Texas Association of Charitable Clinics works to enhance the overall ability of Texas Charitable Clinics to provide the highest level of care for the working poor and uninsured Texans served by free and charitable clinics. The association believes diversity is essential to its work, and is committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience.
The ED position is based in Austin, Texas. The ED currently supervises two staff: Program Services Manager and VISTA Leader.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for TXACC. Develops and maintains strong collaborative relationships with key health care leaders and organizations that impact the work of Free and Charitable Clinics and access to health care in
- Responsible for identifying potential funding streams, including grant sourcing, writing, and
- Works closely with and coordinates TXACC activities with other state, regional and national efforts involving charitable
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors creates a strategic plan; develops, delivers, and reports on
- Conducts membership activities, including prospective member outreach, membership application review, and collection of dues and fees. Communicates regularly with member clinics and provides periodic membership updates and alerts on topics of interest to member
- Administers the day-to-day activities and functions of the Association office including but not limited to maintaining and filing of all corporate documents and records, timely submission of reports and fees to government agencies, and funding sources.
- Develops and administers operating policies and procedures for TXACC and recommendations for its
- Supervises all TXACC
- Organizes and reports on the Association’s progress and results to board of
- Facilitates contractual relationships with consultants, contractors, and others as needed on behalf of the board of
- Manages all association marketing and resource
- Provides leadership to and manages the efforts of staff to ensure appropriate support of all
- Coordinates and leads annual budget preparation; monthly and quarterly reviews; and periodic
- Markets TXACC and member clinics to targeted
- Directs the maintenance of the association’s
Qualifications / Skills
- Dynamic, enthusiastic leader with proven planning and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of administrative, fundraising, and program planning success. Working knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, the inner workings of the free and charitable clinic healthcare sector in Texas
- Ability to create programs that meet the multifaceted needs and interests of association members
- Experience with the VISTA program and/or other government funding
- Ability to work independently with multiple ongoing projects in a small office setting
- Knowledge of current foundation trends with demonstrated proficiency in generating philanthropic revenue from foundations, businesses, civic groups and individuals
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of MS Office products and related
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Education or experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in non-profit management, human services, social work, or public administration
- At least two years of senior management experience preferably in an association, health care organization, human services agency, or other nonprofit organization.
- Knowledge of health care industry, health policy, and community-based health care delivery strongly
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org