The H.O.P.E. Tutoring Center (HOPE) seeks an Executive Director (part-time) who will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising all aspects of HOPE’s activities in Arlington. HOPE provides free individual tutoring to children in grades 3-8 in a safe learning environment.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization, including planning, implementation and evaluation of its programs and services.
- Supervises the planning and program schedules; oversees the preparation of accurate and timely program records and reports on the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Develops HOPE’s annual objectives for Board approval and reports on progress at each Board meeting.
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, writing and submitting proposals for grants, and administering fundraising records and documentation.
- Supervises the work of all staff and determines staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Establishes a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations; ensures that all staff and volunteers receive an orientation and that appropriate training is provided.
- Assists the Board in policy decisions and annual and long-term planning
- Bachelor’s degree required, degree in education preferred
- Nonprofit management experience preferred; teaching experience helpful
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills
- Experience with grant/proposal writing and management
- Proficient in standard office software and social media
- Fluency in Spanish helpful
- Position is approximately 24 hours/week; salary range is about $20,000-$24,000 per year depending on qualifications and experience.
- No healthcare/retirement benefits available
- Submit a cover letter and resume including contact information for 2-3 professional references to board president, Dr. Kevin Walters, at email@example.com .
- Apply by November 6, 2020 for full consideration, but the position will remain open until filled.