The Executive Director is the key management leader of Sixty & Better. This 63-year old agency promotes Healthy Aging in Tarrant County. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing administration, development, programs and the strategic plan of the agency. Other major duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. This position reports to the President of the Board of Directors.
Summary of Position: To provide leadership and overall management to the agency, which administers a comprehensive program of services for older adults in accordance with the agency mission as established by the Board of Directors of Sixty & Better.
Key Responsibility Area - Board Relations
- Responsible to Board of Directors for management and operation of the agency in keeping with the bylaws, policies, budgets and procedures established by the Board of Directors.
- Makes regular reports to the Board of Directors concerning the agency’s operation and provides information on issues and programs that affect older
- Attends and participates in Board and committee
- Develops and recommends to the Board long and short range plans for agency programs and services and collaborates with Board Long Range Planning
- Acts as agent of the Board as designated
- Provides Orientation to new Board
Key Responsibility Area - Administration
- Responsible for developing and implementing procedure for systematic day-to-day operation of the agency in conjunction with a leadership
- Responsible for developing an organizational structure for the agency including programs, services, and a diverse personnel cadre.
- Employs appropriate personnel to operate the agency efficiently. Provides appropriate IT support, training, supervision, and evaluation of key management
- Responsible for ensuring current Personnel Policies Manual and job descriptions for each employee.
- Responsible for ensuring agency compliance to local, state and federal laws concerning employment.
- Works with the agency Advisory
Key Responsibility Area - Financial Management
- Ensures the management of the total assets of the agency (cash, securities, furnishings, equipment, etc.) in a manner which will be of greatest benefit to the
- Supervises the preparation of the annual budget for the operation of the agency and submits it to the Board for their
- Manages the financial affairs of the agency as set forth in the approved budget and provides regular financial reports to the
- Ensures adequate systems of control and financial account in accordance with AICPA Standards of Accounting for “Not For Profit ”
- Responsible for ensuring the fulfillment of all legal and financial requirements such as filing all necessary forms with the IRS, payment of payroll taxes,
Key Responsibility Area - Resource Development
- Develops, with the approval and involvement of the Board, a broad based and systematic plan for securing sufficient monies to fund the agency
- Provides leadership for all grants and fund raising
- Maintains relationships with funding sources and ensures that reports and proposals are submitted in a timely
- Maintains relationships with appropriate individuals and contact persons from foundations and corporations who may be potential sources of funding for operational and capital expenditures.
- Ensures the development of proposals to foundations and corporations, United Way, and sources for appropriate federal, state, and city
Key Responsibility Area - Community Relations/Public Relations
- Represents the agency in the community at the local, state, and national levels and provides information about the agency and its activities through public appearances, speeches, personal contacts, and the .
- Develops and promotes visibility of the agency in the community to attract needed resources.
- Maintains appropriate relations with United Way, Area Agency on Aging, and other funding
- Assumes a leadership role in representing the needs of older
- Establishes and maintains effective public relations
- Assures that agency publications and website conform to agency policies and procedures and are accessible and accurate sources of information regarding agency programming, as well as the concerns and problems of older adults.
Key Responsibility Area - Program
- Monitors, evaluates, and supervises daily operation of programs in order to determine if they are meeting established goals and objectives, as well as promote effective and efficient daily operation and
- Recommends the development and implementation of programs to the board that assist and support older adults to remain active and independent, including but not limited to online virtual support programs and evidence-based
Key Responsibility Area - Volunteers
- Assures the development, implementation, and evaluation of the agency Volunteer Program.
- Monitors management, programming, and funding of the agency Volunteer
Key Responsibility Area - Other Duties
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
Education: Appropriate experience in aging, gerontology, sociology, social work, management, business, or related fields. Bachelor’s Degree or ten year’s nonprofit management experience required.
Experience: A minimum of ten years of proven experience in management.
Knowledge: General knowledge of aging; Older Americans Act, and the funding through that Act; Area Agency on Aging; United Way and new funding sources.
- Ability to relate to older persons and their concerns is expected.
- Ability to lead and inspire a small and diverse staff is required.
- Ability to maintain funding sources and secure new funding is required.
- Broad skills of diplomacy and tact are needed to develop agency support.
- Skill to develop personal, board and staff leadership is expected.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing is expected.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is helpful.
Other Requirements: Valid Texas driver’s license and use of own car for agency business.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter indicating your qualifications for the position, with names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.