Texas’ premiere youth services association seeks outstanding candidate with a personal passion for pursuing equity and fairness for youth to be its next Executive Director.
Texas Network of Youth Services (TNOYS) strengthens services and support for Texas youth and families to help them overcome challenges and achieve healthy development. Our members share a vision of Texas where all youth and young adults are valued, their strengths are recognized, their voices are heard and respected, and they have access to the resources, opportunities, and support they need to meet their goals.
Our ED will:
- Be responsible for leading a strategic culture to ensure TNOYS accomplishes its mission
- Work at the intersection of public, private and non-profit entities and other stakeholders to develop opportunities and more impactful policies and practices.
- Work directly and closely with Board of Directors, funders, and senior staff to create and respond to advocacy for the purpose of meeting the many needs of youth in Texas.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skills and experience in staff leadership, cultural change, fundraising, strategic thinking and planning, problem-solving, relationship-building, and the ability to manage multiple projects with attention to productivity and deadlines.
Key personal characteristics include the ability to master details, support a competent team, fearlessly open doors, and be a charismatic communicator of the TNOYS mission. You might be meeting with a legislator in the morning, making a fundraising call in the midday, and sharing new opportunities with the Board of Directors in the afternoon. You manage humbly and with a light touch, listen and validate others, and always act with sensitivity to diverse cultures.
TNOYS staff, including the Executive Director, work remotely throughout Texas, and currently has staff in Austin and Houston. Austin is the natural base for TNOYS based on the primacy of its legislative advocacy interests. The ED will spend much of his/her working time in Austin and living in Austin or Houston is preferable.
Challenge excites you and the opportunity to “make a difference” is what gets you out of bed in the morning. Your compensation will be in the range of $100-$120k. Standard staff benefits include health, disability, and vacation. An earned Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum academic credential required.
If the content of this job posting describes you, we encourage you to learn more about TNOYS at http://tnoys.org/ and invite you to send a letter of application and your resume to TNOYS@gershensonconsultingllc.com immediately. If you are the “best” we want to hear from you!
Read this information carefully. Adhering to these instructions will ensure that your application is submitted as required for hiring committee review.
- A cover letter is required. Your cover letter should be no more than one (1) page in length.
- A resume is required. Your resume should be no more than three (3) pages in length and should include details about your relevant education, skills and experience as they relate to this role.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will not be acknowledging their receipt or returning emails or phone calls inquiring about the status of an application. If your application is selected for interview you will be contacted directly by a member of our team.