The Board of Directors of AIA Dallas and the Architecture and Design Foundation seek a talented
individual to serve as Executive Director, leading both organizations. Headquartered at the
Architecture and Design Exchange in downtown Dallas, the ED will work with staff and board members
to enable AIA Dallas and the ADF to 1) enhance the quality of life in the Dallas metropolitan area
by promoting excellence in architecture, design and the built environment; and 2) create positive
change in communities throughout the North Texas region by offering public programs that encourage
dialogue about the design and build industry both locally and internationally.
The successful candidate will serve as an advocate of the profession and of design, while
representing AIA locally, state-wide, and nationally. As an engaging, visible leader, the ED
establishes and maintains both internal and external relationships of AIA Dallas and the ADF, while
achieving growth of both associations. The ED will also expand program opportunities to increase
the relevancy of AIA Dallas and the ADF for members and the public.
Essential experience of candidates:
• Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree in management or related discipline is preferred. Certified Association Executive (CAE) certification is a plus.
• Ten+ years high-level management; preference for nonprofit sector.
• Directing an organization where members are an essential component is highly desired. Advocacy on behalf of such an organization is a plus.
• Strong evidence of previous fundraising success – setting fundraising strategy, securing sponsorships, and overseeing events is valued.
• Familiarity with Dallas and North and Northeast Texas is preferred.
• Knowledge of county and city governments and how civic policies impact member organizations - Dallas City and County government is a plus.
• Favorable experience leading a professional staff.
Please see attachment for more information and how to submit.