The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Mercy Street according to the strategic direction set by the Mercy Street Board of Directors (“Board”). The Executive Director should be a servant leader, follower of Jesus and model building intentional relationships in all aspects of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit/ voluntary organizations
- Knowledge of state and federal law applicable to non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities relating to the mission of the organization
- Knowledge of human resources management, financial management, literacy, project management and fundraising
- Word processing and data management software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial management
The Executive Director should demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Follower of Jesus: A devoted disciple of Jesus Christ. Responsible to be a follower of Christ, exhibiting a godly lifestyle that inspires followership.
- Missional mindset: A commitment to living out the biblical mandate of Mathew 28 in all aspects of life.
- Incarnational leader: Answers the call to live in West Dallas
- Strong sense of call
- Previous cross-cultural ministry experience required, must be able to relate cross-culturally
- Sense of humor
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Integrity: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive and respectful working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Think Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
- 5 or more years of management experience in a dynamic organization
- Previous cross-cultural ministry experience
- Executive Directors usually work in an office environment, but the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces.
- Executive Directors work a standard work week, but will often work evenings and weekends to accommodate activities such as Board meetings and representing the organization at public events.
- Incarnational presence is required
To apply, please visit www.mercystreetdallas.org/careers.