Uptown, Dallas continues to be the economic engine that drives Dallas forward and Uptown Dallas, Inc. is the public improvement district (PID) that manages and enhances the public realm.
The Uptown Public Improvement District (UPID) is funded by special assessments paid for and voted on by property owners and in 1993; Uptown Dallas, Inc. (UDI) was established, creating Dallas’ first live-work-play community. As a not-for-profit 501(c)(3), these assessment dollars pay for the management and enhancement of public safety and security; the design and construction of public infrastructure improvements; the maintenance of common areas, lighting, pedestrian amenities and linkages and marketing programs that make Uptown one of the most desirable places in all of Dallas.
These improvements are the competitive advantage behind the success of Uptown which has led to the highest office rents and occupancies in the city and one of the best multi-family markets in the region.
The organization is in Uptown and the Board of Directors recently commissioned a Strategic Plan initiative with Denver based Progressive Urban Management Associates to prepare Uptown Dallas for the next decade.
The Executive Committee of the UDI Board of Directors is seeking the services of a professional manager with strong leadership, communications, and collaborative skills to serve as its Executive Director.
- Understand and oversee the activities of UDI in compliance with the governing documents of the PID, including Articles, Bylaws, Agreement with the City of Dallas, and State of Texas Enabling Act for PIDS and assist in leading the effort towards renewal of the PID when required.
- Provide oversight and management for day-to-day operations of organization programs including maintenance (operations), public safety, marketing, economic development, and capital improvements.
- Select and cultivate qualified staff, model effective behaviors and skills and maintain high morale among staff.
- Engage in Board and committee activities. Maintain positive relationships with the Chairs of each Board of Directors committee as well as the overall BOD.
- Work with the Board and staff to develop sound work plans which translate the organization’s core purpose and vision into realistic goals and objectives Ensure successful achievement of agreed upon goals.
- Prioritize, plan and monitor projects to ensure appropriateness to core purpose and vision, and effective completion by deadlines established by the Board.
- Prepare an annual budget which is complete, attainable and consistent with the agreed upon goals and objectives. Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with City of Dallas department heads and staff members, other local PID organizations, and other not-for profit organizations that manage nearby recreational amenities as appropriate.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with property owners (residential and business), businesses, public officials, community and business leaders and the media.
- Serve as an ambassador and an advocate for Uptown Dallas Inc. in the community.
- Seek out methods to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization and its programs and to expand revenue sources.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of PID management generally and Uptown Inc. specifically (including economic development, maintenance, public safety and marketing and special events).
- Significant leadership, managerial, administrative and fiscal management skills.
- Ability to develop and foster cross-functional work teams.
- Ability to establish priorities and handle multiple issues under pressure.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills coupled with effective management ability.
- Ability to monitor programs and processes to ensure their alignment with Uptown Dallas Inc. strategic plans and vision for the organization.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with high-level public and private leaders.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and effectively in written and verbal communications.
- Media relations experience, including the ability to develop and deliver consistent narratives that convey appropriate values and attributes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in, business or public administration, economic development or related area.
- A progressive, successful track record (7+years) demonstrating leadership in urban development, real estate and/or economic development and marketing a neighborhood, downtown or public improvement district desired.
- Experience working in an assessment-funded or non-profit organization is preferred.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27171075
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.