Want to work for a company that is making a difference in the lives of others?
Are you passionate about non-profit and ovarian cancer awareness?
If so, we need to talk!
Since its inception in 1991, the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) has been committed to raising awareness of ovarian cancer in communities across the country and to providing education, support and hope for women with ovarian cancer and their families. NOCC has established itself as an important national advocate for patients and families struggling with ovarian cancer.
Do you believe in “doing the job right the first time?” Do you have a reputation for excellence and is your attention to detail impeccable? For you, is no task is too small or too big; can you do it all? If this sounds like you, then the NOCC has a fantastic opportunity for you!
As our Executive Assistant, you will provide high-level and confidential administrative support to the CEO as well as assist with various human resources functions. You must be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and enjoy the challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. You must also be able to function effectively in a variety of roles with minimal oversight.
- Assists the CEO with daily schedule and duties, to include calendar management, commitments, and travel arrangements (planning itineraries, developing agendas and meeting materials, reporting expenses, etc.)
- Corresponds with and serves as a liaison to board members by scheduling meetings, arranging travel, and preparing reports as needed
- Provides general administrative support to national and chapter staff
- Welcomes and interacts with office visitors
- Answers and manages incoming calls
- Arranges meetings and conference calls (including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas and meeting materials, etc.)
- Drafts correspondence to NOCC general inquiries
- Records, transcribes, and distributes notes/minutes of staff meetings
- Manages the inventory of office supplies, orders additional supplies as needed and ensures that costs are appropriately managed
- Maintains office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep
- Updates employee information in the organization’s PEO portal
- Updates staff directory and org chart
- Enters new employees into the payroll system
- Performs initial processing of bi-weekly payroll, including timesheet review
- Manages incoming candidate applications and orders background checks on new hires
- Assists new employees with their orientation to the organization, benefits enrollment, and tax forms
- Coordinates schedules, agendas and travel for onboarding and training of new employees
- Maintains human resources files in accordance with laws, regulations, and established standards.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned
- 3+ years of solid administrative experience in a professional office setting supporting C-Level Executives
- Prior experience with non-profit organizations
- Strong verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information with diplomacy and discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We offer benefits to our employees including a competitive compensation, dependent on experience, in addition to:
- Health & Dental & Vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Generous holidays calendar
- Employee Assistance Program
We also work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please submit a letter of interest along with resume:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.