Make an Impact as an Executive Administrator
You will work directly supporting the President/CEO with administrative tasks and use independent judgement and action as needed. You will represent the CEO and ChildCareGroup in interactions with Board members, donors, volunteers, community partners and the media. You will work closely with the Philanthropy and Communications department to support purchasing, administrative needs, donor communications and record keeping. In addition, you will plan and execute ChildCareGroup events and maintain primary responsibility for the donor management system.
Why work for ChildCareGroup?
Founded in 1901, ChildCareGroup’s (CCG) mission is to champion a strong early childhood system that teaches children and parents, trains early childhood professionals, and assists families. ChildCareGroup believes that children do better as their parents do better. When families thrive, communities succeed.
ChildCareGroup offers a generous benefits package including Paid Parental Leave, (12) Company Holidays, 401(k) match, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and more!
You are a great fit for the role because you identify with the CCG SPIRIT, our core values:
SERVICE – Lead with a servant’s heart
PROFESSIONALISM – Perform our best every day
INTEGRITY – Do what is right
RESPECT – Treat each other the way we wish to be treated
INCLUSION – Value individual differences
TEAMWORK – Communicate and collaborate to achieve our goals
- Acts as a representative of the CEO and ChildCareGroup, using sound judgment and professionalism in all interactions with CCG employees, trustees, donors and volunteers, community partners and the media, working at all times to uphold ChildCareGroup’s mission, vision and Core Values and the agency’s longstanding reputation for excellence.
- Discerns and handles confidential matters with discretion and integrity in accordance with sound business practices and with the ChildCareGroup Core Values. High level of integrity and confidentiality always required.
- Schedules internal and external meetings, conference calls and other events, whether held in person or via online platforms such as Zoom, with ability to adapt to schedule changes and reprioritization. Communicates accurate instructions, directions, and necessary backup materials concerning all appointments and messages; Helps coordinate, prepare and arrange Board and committee meetings, and other meetings and drafts minutes from meetings on behalf of the CEO. Responsible for maintaining all aspects of CEO’s Outlook calendar.
- Assists CEO in managing the business of the Board of Trustees, including maintaining accurate rosters, meeting calendars, compiling and sending complete materials for all board and committee meetings. and ensuring accurate meeting minutes.
- Ensures that accurate and timely records of Board business are maintained in the agency’s Corporate Records.
- Maintains professional relationship and communications with all Board members and donors.
- Produces high quality memos and business documents in an efficient manner, with a focus on the professionalism of the visual presentation and confirms the detail and accuracy of all content.
- Submits all CEO and Executive Department invoices, expense reports and/or POs to the Finance Department for processing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains and updates all data relating to donors and prospects of ChildCareGroup through the Donor Management System (Abila).
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and implements projects as assigned.
- Works with the Philanthropy & Communications Department on internal and external events, providing support by organizing mailings, managing reservation processes, guest lists, and other duties required for event management.
- Assists with tasks related to Board and committee meeting preparation and presentation as requested.
- Answers and directs incoming telephone calls, answering inquiries and/or transferring calls to appropriate individuals.
- Assists in the handling of daily correspondence, sorting and routing as needed
- Maintains all required files and data integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned by executive leadership.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least (5) years in an administrative or project management role supporting a Senior Manager, preferably the CEO
- Non-profit experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in Abila Fundraising software preferred
- Experience in desktop publishing, administrative support, fundraising, and community volunteering preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, time management, and organizational skills required, including ability to interact effectively with Board members, donors and volunteers, external partners and all levels of staff
- Experience with Zoom and other virtual meeting platforms
- Must be able to effectively multi-task a heavy workload with multiple projects
- Able to draft and edit documents with accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and assertive team player
- Positive and cooperative attitude
- Flexible and adaptable disposition
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain professionalism in all environments and situations
Travel and Compliance Requirements
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license
- Driving record must comply with CCG's automobile insurance carrier requirements
- Must have liability insurance coverage and reliable personal transportation
- Ability to travel locally or out of town as required
- Mileage reimbursement is offered when applicable
- Must successfully meet all compliance background check requirements for federal funding throughout employment
ChildCareGroup’s Generous Health and Wellness Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short Term, Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance at no cost
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Telemedicine at no cost
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid Time Off
- (12) Paid Company Holidays
- And more!
Become a part of the team that supports the education and assistance of over 50,000 lives per year in Texas!
ChildCareGroup is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Please click here to apply!