Would you like to go home every day knowing you made a difference in the life of a child? If so, join the Big Brothers Big Sisters team and be an impact player making a difference in one of the most prominent agencies in the country.
Big Brothers Big Sisters has the following position available: Executive Administrative Assistant located in Irving, TX.
Responsible for providing high level administrative support for the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Finance Officer and other members of the Central Service team as needed. Significant emphasis on Program reporting, Program Department support, Executive Board & Committee support, and Irving office building upkeep and communications (managing the agency phones, meeting space rentals, guests, etc.).
Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- Central Services Leader Team Assistance (primarily for the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Finance Officer and the Vice President of Program), helping with planning, scheduling and execution of duties as applicable.
Irving Office Greeter:
- Take the lead with the acknowledgement of Irving in-office guests, directing them accordingly.
- Manage incoming calls.
- Provide Executive Administrative Support for BBS Lone Star’s Executive Board and Committees:
- Maintain current Executive Board and Executive Board Committee Rosters and distribution lists
- Provide executive assistance related to the on-boarding of New Executive Board Members.
- Maintain tracking for all Executive Board Members, such as annual commitment cards and performance scorecards.
- Facilitate Board Member resignation documentation and communication.
- Distribute annual calendar invites for all meetings.
- Solicit and track meeting attendance from members.
- Prepare for meetings (packets, food/beverages, room set up, AV, etc.)
- Take and disseminate meeting minutes.
- Assist with the Monthly Program Report.
- Manage monthly p-card paperwork requirements.
Manage Irving Building Room Rentals:
- Manage meeting room reservations, usage and invoicing.
- Initiate ways to build this revenue.
Irving Office/Central Services Mail Management:
- Retrieve, open, sort, and deliver daily mail to the proper individuals or mailboxes.
- Manage the Irving office Central Services in-boxes.
- Assist as needed with outgoing mail.
Irving Office Coordination/Support:
- Prepare rooms for all Central and Corporate meetings, including room and AV set up, meeting packets, etc.
- Take and distribute minutes as requested.
- Manage food orders as needed.
- Coordinates general office cleanup and building management, and the maintenance of office storage areas.
- Maintain/order Central Service supplies. Track inventory.
- Maintain Central Services master calendar and Outlook calendar invites for holidays, standing meetings (such as weekly Central Services and monthly All Staff Huddles) and special events.
- Help coordinate Central Services-related events.
- Assist Central Services colleagues/teams when they are experiencing high workloads, such as with filing, helping on-board new staff hires, etc.
- Provide HR admin support as needed.
- Create and post throughout the Irving office at the beginning of each month the Staff Announcement flyer.
- Manage, in cooperation with the Director of HR, the You Earned It platform.
- Create and Maintain Various Agency-wide Contact Lists and Resources.
General Administrative Assistance:
- Serve as the link between the agency’s Scholarship Coordinator, the Chief Program Officer and Accounting as needed to submit college scholarship checks for approval.
- Provide Notary services.
- Assist with other Program projects, scheduling, etc., as needed.
- Assistance with other Board/administrative/finance projects as needed.
Support BBBS International as needed, making sure room is reserved and ready, AV is in operation, and helping with catering if needed.
Attend all scheduled Central Services team and Lone Star agency staff meetings.
Attend agency functions as required.
Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, OR Other Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent, secretarial/administrative studies a plus
- 3+ years related experience required
- A strong command of computer skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint) is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to establish a positive relationship with staff, Board, community volunteers, donors, etc.
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Must be able and willing to travel as needed (generally locally)
- Must be able and willing to work flexible hours as needed given ample notice, such as switching days off to support a Board meeting or completing a special task. This could include weekends.
Salary Expectations: Mid to upper $30Ks based on experience + GREAT Benefits!!
Aside from supporting a great mission, you will enjoy great benefits including retirement (matched), medical, dental, vision, life insurance; HSA option, flexible spending account; education reimbursement, awesome time-off and casual dress.
Please submit resume to and indicate "Executive Administrative Assistant - Irving, TX" in the subject line to: email@example.com.
For more information on Big Brothers Big Sisters, visit our website at bbbstx.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D
No Phone Calls Please