DEPARTMENT: External Affairs
REPORTS TO: Chief Philanthropy Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
HOURS: Full-time, standard workweek with occasional nights and weekends.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3 years of events and marketing or related experience including demonstrated success in event or project management, managing social media content and/or e-marketing content, including significant copywriting experience, preferably in a non-profit community-based organization.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Communication, English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Public Administration or related field
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Able to lift up to 30lbs., able to work part or all of a shift sitting, standing and walking, able to safely operate office machinery.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional business setting.
The Events Manager will be responsible for leading Promise House events strategy and implementation. Reporting to the Philanthropy Director - Corporate Engagement, s/he will work closely with committee members and the External Affairs team to manage and successfully implement the agency’s signature events each year. This individual will also develop and support the plan for other smaller events throughout the year, helping us to create experiences that enable new audiences and prospective donors to support Promise House. The Events Manager must have expert project management skills, event planning and production expertise, and the ability to work collaboratively with different audiences. This individual will play a critical role within the organization as the primary lead on all events – ensuring that every event represents the Promise House mission well, engages the committee effectively, and deepens and builds our donor base. S/he will work collaboratively with regional staff and marketing contractors to create a sense of urgency among the public to make a difference in the lives of homeless, abandoned and abused youth living in North Texas.
Roles and Responsibilities
Develop events strategy
- Define priorities. Work closely with the External Affairs team to create an events strategy, lead project management of all agency signature events related to all external aspects of the event and guest relations/experience.
- Set ambitious goals. For each event, clearly define qualitative objectives and quantitative goals, to clarify how we will evaluate success.
- Create an annual calendar. Work closely with the team to develop an annual calendar of events, which includes not only the two signature events but also other unique opportunities. Help execute a strategy to develop a year-round sleep out experience.
- Develop processes and systems. Adopt best practices for event planning and execution and use of technology tools, such that we build upon our successes and continue to refine execution.
Manage high-quality events
- Meet event goals. Implement donor focused fundraising strategies focused on securing events sponsorships, selling event tickets and obtaining in-kind donations.
- Project manage events. Serve as a primary project manager to produce high quality and engaging events for prospective donors and critical audiences. This position will also collaborate with other EA team members supporting donor cultivation and stewardship opportunities.
- Collaborate with volunteer committee members. Facilitate, train, support, and lead committee members towards creating impactful and successful events.
- Develop program content. Work closely with the volunteer committee and team to develop high-quality content that engages audiences. Each event will represent the Promise House mission and will often include former clients or mission experts to raise awareness about youth homelessness in our community.
- Work with third-party vendors. Coordinate and manage the work of external partners and vendors, negotiate agreements and supervise and coordinate the execution of those agreements.
- Manage a successful follow-up. Recognize that work is not complete when an event ends, and manage related follow-ups (e.g., debriefs, closing out work with vendors, stewarding relationships, invoice & purchase order processing, etc.)
Support development and broader team efforts
- Enable successful cultivation and stewardship. Support External Affairs team efforts to move individual event participants up the donor pipeline toward annual support of the agency.
- Build and expand donor audiences. Work closely with the External Affairs team to target events to specific audiences, using digital marketing and other outreach strategies and execute appropriate preparation and follow-up.
- Increase corporate sponsorships. Use events to build strong relationships and support the management of event sponsorships and volunteer/employee engagement.
- Support special projects. Work closely with Chief Executive Officer and Chief Philanthropy Officer to manage and coordinate special initiatives and projects as needed.
Marketing & Communications
- Raise awareness and create engagement. In conjunction with the External Affairs Team, use peer-to-peer giving strategies to create social media content and manage social media messaging to align with constituent engagement strategy contributing to the department marketing content calendar.
- Create, develop and advise communications, marketing and social media plans for all fundraising events
- Write content for e-newsletters, social media, and other development collateral
- Passion for the Promise House mission.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive collateral content.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT or similar constituent relationship management system.
- Experience with digital marketing tools, social media fundraising and event planning platforms.
- Demonstrated skills in word processing and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Canva, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, or other donor software applications.
- Excellent time management skills and a high degree of organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to represent the Promise House in a professional manner in all situations with the public, volunteers, staff and the Board of Directors.
- Well-disciplined, self-motivated and goal-driven; able to work with a high degree of independence as well as part of a team.
- Critical thinking skills, problem-solving initiative, and professional accountability for quality of work and adherence to deadlines.
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends that coincide with events and meetings; and multiple work sites.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Valid Driver’s license and verification of insurance.
Please apply online at https://promisehouse.org/join-our-team/