Recovery Resource Council a 75 year old non-profit with locations in Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth is seeking a highly motivated Events Manager.
The Events Manager will be responsible for contributing to the success of the Development Department’s objectives by successfully managing all agency special and fundraising events. The successful candidate will continually use industry best practices and creative problem solving to help grow event fundraising revenue. The primary objective of the position is to provide mission focused opportunities for donors to engage with Recovery Resource Council’s mission to promote wellness and recovery from alcohol and substance use disorders and trauma. This is a hybrid position with both in-person and remote work requirements. Office locations in Dallas, Ft. Worth, or Denton. Proof of vaccination required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement donor focused fundraising strategies and event details that will provide an engaging donor experience.
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of event planning, including logistics, public relations, marketing materials, site visits, interface with contractors and vendors, provide content to stakeholders, and project manage all events related marketing, printing, and media.
- Assist in contract negotiations to ensure fundraising budget objectives are met.
- Raise funds by selling event tickets or sponsorships and securing in-kind donations.
- Responsible for frequent donor communication using electronic, in-person, phone, and printed materials.
- Develop and enhance Recovery Resource Council’s relationships with existing and potentially new stakeholders via networking, public speaking, and other relationship-building activities.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Act as project manager for all agency marketing and public relations materials, including event materials and agency annual report.
- Manage all social media accounts.
Abilities, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising with successful track record of raising funds from events.
- Experience creating, planning, and implementing successful fundraising events.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage volunteers and donors in fundraising events.
- Experience in and knowledge of the North Texas philanthropy community. Dallas fundraising experience required.
- Experience working in high pressure, deadline-driven environments.
- Strong presentation and networking skills.
- Ability to raise funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Willingness to become an expert with agency CRM, Abila, and any other fundraising software.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Experience with electronic fundraising tools such as text to give, QR codes, virtual events, YouTube, social media.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both virtually and in person.
- At least 3 years’ experience with non-profit, private, or corporate events.
- At least 1 year of marketing or public relations experience.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAGE or similar software programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
Other Requirements: Required to maintain confidentiality, including confidential donor, personnel, and organizational matters.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to Margie Hatcher @ firstname.lastname@example.org You may also be asked to complete a Predictive Index survey prior to the interview.