Jewish Family Service (JFS) is currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant due to the rapid growth we are experiencing.
Prepares weekly Accounts Payable:
- Checks and codes all expenditure requests.
- Calculates payment amounts for mileage reimbursement and contract hours.
- Inputs data into the general ledger.
- Prints computerized checks and prepares them for distribution.
- Prepares all manual checks and enter them into computer.
- Distributes checks.
- Mails/files/scans checks/invoices.
Prepares weekly Accounts Receivable:
- Prepares check/cash receipts for physical and remote deposit, and posts them to the general ledger.
- Prepares daily client payment report and reconciles payments weekly/monthly.
- Updates accounting spreadsheets.
- Posts credit card receipts to the general ledger at the end of the month.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation
- Assist with month end close
- Prepares, deposits and posts contributions to the agency accounting program. Assists development manager with copying and data entry.
End of month Staff MasterCard payment:
- Downloads; formats and updates accounting spreadsheet.
- Receives staff reports and assigns coding to transactions.
- Enters Cash Disbursements into MIP software for transactions
Daily monitoring and response to four email accounts: JFS personal, Accounts Payable (2 emails), and Financial Assistance.
- Processes checks for financial assistance.
- Able to effectively communicate with both vendors and clients regarding account related questions.
- Provides service that is of the highest standard and is culturally relevant to the clients served.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the agency. Gets the mail daily at JFS (reimbursed for mileage).
Qualifications: Minimum two-year college degree or equivalent required. Knowledge of MIP Accounting Software preferred, but not required. Possess a positive attitude with excellent customer relations and communications skills a plus.
Estimated Salary: $40,000-$45,000 depending on experience.
Please submit a letter containing your salary requirements and resume to HRAccounting@jfsdallas.org