The Education Coordinator supports the Catch Up & Read mission by working with teachers and
students primarily in 1st-3rd grade. The position requires daytime availability, as well as flexible
availability on nights and weekends. The position requires dependable transportation for site visits. The
Education Coordinator is a vital position to the organization and oversees delivery of curriculum,
professional development, and coaching, as well as cultivation of relationships with principals and
other administrators and partners. The Education Coordinator is also responsible for overseeing Catch Up & Read's programming which includes small group tutoring with students at Catch Up & Read schools.
Compensation: $27-$30/hour, based on experience
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable
accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Model and/or observe professional development sessions, in both school day and after
- Model and/or observe tutoring sessions, in both school day and after-school programs,
conducting regular site visits.
- Oversee delivery of all program curriculum and suggests improvements in collaboration with Curriculum Manager and Director of Programs
- Support and develop teachers’ ability to:
- Make informed instructional decisions by examining student work and interpreting student data
- Identify and prioritize needs and goals of individual students
- Implement best literacy practices including explicit, systematic phonics and guided reading
- Manages and oversees teams of LTs and CAR teachers to ensure the expectations and responsibilities of their positions are being met
- Coordinate and analyze student assessments
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly meeting which includes principal, reading coach and lead teacher to discuss the program, share progress and make changes for future success
- Prepare reports and materials for meetings and professional development as needed
- Collaborate with school partners to maximize student success
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs or Executive Director
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Organized- Ability to maintain data, reports, information, meetings scheduled and organized.
- Teachable-Willing to continue to learn and grow professionally, continual professional
- Flexible-Willing to change direction quickly, shift hours/schedule, and work fluidly depending on the
demand of the job
- Teamwork-Ability to work with a variety of people and personalities
- College degree, preferably with an emphasis on education/literacy - required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience coaching educators in the field of literacy - required
- Experience in teaching reading, especially at the lower elementary level – required
- Knowledge/experience in Guided Reading instruction –preferred
- Knowledge/experience in explicit, systematic phonics - preferred
- Knowledge in various reading assessment techniques/programs, such as MAP and BAS/Fountas & Pinnell- preferred
- Experience working in a Title 1 environment at the elementary level – preferred
- Experience with virtual/technology knowledge, comfortable with social media platforms, Zoom, Google Meet, Google Drive, and Outlook programs
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer Skills: Proficient in all Microsoft applications and willing to learn new software and programs
- Knowledge/experience with content creation, writing or general communications
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn on the job and be a self-starter
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Lift/Carry 10lbs
- Push/Pull 12lbs
Read Up, an elementary literacy collaborative, will be managing the application and screening process for Catch Up & Read. Please review the job description thoroughly, then submit a cover letter and resume to Tamara Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org.