United Way of Metropolitan Dallas is a community-based social change organization that puts opportunity in the hands of all North Texans. Working with our determined supporters, we lead the charge to improve education, income and health—the building blocks of opportunity. We invite all change-seekers in our community to Live United to achieve lasting results right here at home.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Major and Planned Giving, the Donor Relations Officer “DRO” serves as a team member on Donor Relations/Major Gifts Team for United Way of Metropolitan Dallas (UWMD) and the United Way Foundation of Metropolitan Dallas (UWFMD). Working closely with the Sr. Director, the DRO will be focused on developing and cultivating relationships at United Way through the achievement of revenue and membership goals for Giving Societies, specifically targeting the Builders Society (annual gifts of $2,500), the Leadership Society (annual gifts of $1,000) and the Young Leaders Society.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, and steward donors and prospective donors with the goal of soliciting and closing gifts from individuals in support of organizational priorities.
- Develop and deliver results-driven strategic framework within assigned portfolio to retain donors, grown annual gifts to Untied Way and promote year-round communication and engagement of individuals – focusing on Builders Society ($2,500), Leadership Society ($1,000) and Young Leaders Society (35 and under).
- Conduct 80 personal visits annually as part of the development moves management process to facilitate the closure of annual gifts from current and/or prospective donors.
- Build a pipeline plan within assigned portfolio of prospects to encourage increased giving year over year with a laser focus on direct giving to United Way.
- Align and partner with corporate relations team to promote participation, leadership giving, builders giving, and young leaders participation within the workplace.
- Support strategic launch of the Young Leaders Society program.
- Ensure 100% of assigned portfolio has at least one strategic and personal outreach annually.
- Consistently document key conversations with prospects and donors into UWMD’s relationship management database.
- Actively engage donors and prospects though established UWMD events, investment opportunities, volunteer opportunities and advocacy. Provide appropriate follow-up to move relationship forward.
- Maintain solid understanding of United Way programs and initiatives. Work with colleagues across the organization to develop customized giving proposals for key donors who may have an interest in funding a particular initiative.
- Demonstrate exemplary stewardship by providing necessary and timely feedback on investments, program information, and progress toward UWMD’s mission and goals.
- Utilize, as appropriate, a comprehensive solicitation approach to integrate UF Campaign (Endowment) opportunities into ongoing fundraising activity.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of three to five years of fundraising experience, with demonstrated success closing major gift commitments.
- Demonstrated capability to identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts from individuals, corporations and private foundations.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Dallas and North Texas philanthropic community desired.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and take full ownership of assignments.
- Excellent collaborator and team member, able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize prospect tracking systems and donor databases and reporting tools.
- Ability to set expectations, establish priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced development department.
- Outstanding written communication skills—for proposal preparation, communications with donors, and reports (such as newsletters and annual reports)—and oral communication skills for individual and group interactions and presentations.
- A personal leadership and management style that promotes collaboration and accessibility.
- A commitment to community service.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development.
- The ability to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and consistent change.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, while working efficiently and addressing a wide variety of considerations under deadlines.
Please apply online at www.unitedwaydallas.org