We are seeking an energetic, versatile, and committed individual to grow the Perot Museum’s individual giving community to help us reach our organizational goals. The Donor Relations Manager is a key member of the Development Team and supports the direct efforts to steward and develop relationships with donors. These aides the Development Team’s multi-million-dollar annual revenue goals for the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. The Donor Relations Manager manages a portfolio of Patron Members, Founders Circle Members, and next generation donors, and oversees stewardship and donor experiences (e.g. events) for the individual giving stream. This role reports to the Senior Director, Development and will work closely with all members of the development to inspire supporters to invest in the mission of the Perot Museum.
- Manage a portfolio of up to 150 donors/prospects and conduct meetings directly, leveraging the other Development and non-Development colleagues as needed.
- Grow an annual giving program including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Patron Members, Founders Circle Members and next generation individual giving donors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee proposal development, submission, and donor solicitations for Patron and Founders Circle members within the individual giving stream.
- Analyze fundraising progress to goal, identifying what is driving and impeding progress -- work with development leadership to seize opportunities, problem solve gaps to targets, and adjust priorities ongoing to maximize your portfolio.
- Deliver compelling verbal pitches that incorporate investor motivations, accurate data, and inspiring stories that reflect our unique mission and work.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Direct the Patron and Founders Circle donor experience:
- Develop a robust Stewardship plan
- Record donor meeting notes in Tessitura database
- Assist Director of Prospect Development in moving donors through the donor life cycle via moves management
- Project manage donor newsletters and donor communications
- Support the planning and management of donor stewardship events
- Support team members in producing high-quality deliverables aligned to current and prospective funder interests, such as proposals, concept papers, letters, mid-year and final reports, program budgets, thank you letters, and other stewardship items, touch points and customized materials such as spreadsheets, decks, 1-pagers, and graphics.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business or a field of study related to Science Museums
- 5+ years of work experience; at least 3 years direct fundraising experience
- Exceptional written communication and ability to develop tailored materials crafted to address donor interest and perspectives
- Record of achieving ambitious goals and creating effective systems to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of Dallas philanthropic landscape a plus
- Experience managing up to senior leaders; supporting others in managing to priorities
- Proven experience with CRM databases preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must be a person who acts with integrity and is personally accountable for his/her results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public.
- Ability to learn and adapt to various software and technology programs to complete work duties.
- Self-motivated, organized, attentive to detail, and the ability to manage time and effectively function without close supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
- Flexibility in outlook and ability to pivot quickly
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to relate well to constituents at all levels a must; customer service experience preferred
Please use the below link to submit your application: