POSITION FUNCTION: This position is a key member of the development/donor relations team and will be primarily responsible for developing, supporting, and nurturing philanthropic relationships on behalf of Lena Pope. This position will manage an existing portfolio of primarily institutional donors and conduct prospecting activities to generate $1,000,000 in philanthropic giving to the mission of Lena Pope annually.
- Build prospect list, research prospects and work with internal stakeholders to determine opportunity for funding alignment
- Utilizing all available organizational resources, develop and nurture relationships with high potential funding sources.
- Develop compelling proposals in alignment with the organizational case for support, community needs and intended impact and solicit donors according to their expressed requirements and timelines
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of contacts, communications, proposals and reports
- Develop individual stewardship and gift strategy plans for each donor
- Provide all donors in portfolio with restriction fulfillment reports and any funder required reporting
- Collaborate internally to ensure gifts are expended in alignment with donor’s intent and restrictions.
- Utilize organizational progress, impact examples, outcomes, agency events and news to develop quarterly communication touchpoints with funders in portfolio
- Ensure appropriate recognition is given to funders
- Maintain accurate progress to goal detail to facilitate bi-weekly reporting to development team and organizational leadership
- Meet all funder timeline and expectations
- Facilitate strategic funding discussions
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and three to five or more years of donor relations with institutional funders. Valid driver’s license required. Strong relationship management experience and skills.
PRIMARY LOCATION: 3200 Sanguinet Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107