Status: Full-Time Reports to: Director of Development
The Donor Development Manager executes or manages the performance of our fundraising campaigns, social media, website updates, communications and marketing, processing gifts, prompt thank you’s, etc. Their primary responsibility is to help Crossroads meet our Contributed Revenue goal each year. This position is also responsible for cultivating new donor relationships and nurturing existing donors, grant writing, and donor communications. The Marketing/Development Coordinator reports to the Donor Development Manager.
- Facilitate execution of giving campaigns
- Track campaign progress and adjust as needed
- Create campaign reports for Development Team and Staff and Board Leadership
- Donor Portfolio Management
- Manage her/his donor portfolio
- Create and execute donor friendship plans
- Achieve donor acquisition/retention goals
- In collaboration with Marketing Coordinator, serve as Development Team Lead for:
- donor communications as needed for friendship plans
- verbiage/messaging for Social Media
- Ensure all donor communications are entered into donor database
- Manage donor thanking process
- Ensure all donations are accurately recorded and acknowledged in a timely manner
Manage Grant Submission/Reporting Process
- Initiate grant proposals as assigned
- Ensure grant applications and reports are submitted on time and documented correctly
- Maintain grant pipeline
- Cultivate friendships with foundation staff as assigned
- Manages relationship with contract grant writer.
Manage Marketing and Communications
- With assistance of the Marketing Coordinator, ensure:
- All print collateral, website content, email signatures and social media posts are current, stay brand aligned and adhere to style guide
- All event communications are completed and sent in a timely manner
- All Development events take place as planned
Manage Data Processing and Donor Database
- Create/Update Donation Processing SOP’s, and train Development team and other staff as needed.
- Secure physical donor files and adhere to Crossroads document retention policy
- Provide monthly, quarterly, annual and special/one-off reports as needed.
- Find Corporate, Foundation, Other Orgs, Government and Individual prospects
- Provide brief profile for each
- Provide regular informal performance feedback and annual formal performance reviews to the Marketing Coordinator or other future direct reports.
- Represent Crossroads at various events; this includes some evenings, weekends and travel
- Learn and implement best practices and innovative techniques for fundraising and donor relations
- Participate in professional organizations and trainings
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
Skills and Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of nonprofit fundraising or business development experience
- Excellent writing, computer, database, organizational and public speaking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, either individually or as part of a team, on multiple projects, while adhering to the department’s budget.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Composed, professional and pleasant demeanor
- Ability to work well with people from various social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and empathize with different values and attitudes
- Donor-centered mentality
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Employee health insurance and retirement plan with employer match.
About Crossroads Community Services
Crossroads Community Services' mission is to nourish our community's low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education. By distributing substantial amounts of wholesome food, Crossroads strives to meet the basic food needs of all our clients, while helping to supplement their household incomes. In 2019 with the help of our Community Distribution Partners, Crossroads distributed 5 million pounds of groceries to 25,000 individuals throughout Dallas, Ellis and Navarro Counties—enough food to prepare 4,160,000 wholesome meals and save $10,000,000 at the store. In 2020, we project distributing 7,200,000 pounds that will benefit approximately 30,000 people.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org