Position Summary The Donor Database Manager will be responsible for managing the Donor database system, providing technical and data support, run analytical and statistical reports as needed, assist and ensure donations are entered and matching donations processed in a timely manner. Collaborate with Development and Communications on Mercury One events.
- Ensure daily keying of donations (via phone, mail, or credit card) into Donor Database system.
- Oversee Matching and 3rd party payor donations process, ensuring matches claimed, deposited, coded, recorded, and reported timely.
- Responsible for all Donor Acknowledgement letters via email or regular mail.
- Collaborate with Development and Communications Dept on Year end letter acknowledgments.
- Perform database management to remove and correct inaccurate data, and continual maintenance
- Create and maintain queries and reports as needed for analytical use
- Provide weekly status updates to Executive Director, Development Manager, and Director of Communications.
- Provide various reports as needed for event hosting, various campaigns, gala needs, various types of letters, etc. in collaboration with Development and Communications departments.
- Recommend enhancements to business practices and procedures to improve efficiencies and reduce expenditures for optimize use of the donor database system
- Define and document database processes and procedures, including Matching and 3rd party payors process.
- Assist team with events as needed
- Assist with handling Donor phone calls and assist as needed in answering the public question inbox
- Assist with any additional or special projects, tasks or duties beyond what is outlined here that may be assigned as required
Supervisory responsibilities if applicable:
Gift/Data Entry Coordinator
Travel required if applicable
Travel as required
Required education and experience
- Associates degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with 2 years minimum experience
- In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, minimum of 10 years professional experience with Donor Database
- Prior experience with CRM (customer relationship management) database; Raiser's Edge NXT experience a plus
- Excellent computer and data entry skills; proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving, customer service, communication – verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize daily work efficiently
- Flexibility to accommodate evolving responsibilities
- Experience with non-profits and customer service a plus
- Desire to learn and take on various types of responsibilities
- A self-motivator, eager to learn and grow, a fast learner
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A team player, must be able to work with people within and outside of the Development & Accounting department
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willing to work outside regular office hours when necessary
MO is committed to equal opportunity in employment and, as such, it recruits, hires, transfers, trains, promotes, pays and retains its employees solely based on qualifications and performance within the boundaries of the stated mission of MO as a Judeo-Christian Biblical organization.
The Organization’s commitment to this equal employment opportunity applies to all parties, including regular employees and applicants for employment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply on Indeed here: