The documentation case manager’s primary duty is to provide assistance to families served by Family Gateway to gather necessary documents to obtain Texas IDs, birth certificates and social security cards and accessing the document bank. The case manager works closely with the Assessment & Diversion and Emergency Shelter teams, rotating to one of each of our four locations weekly to support families in our care. The case manager will be provided training and guidance on processes by our partners at The Stewpot as the experts in the role of documentation compliance and will routinely participate in meetings and collaboration with the team at The Stewpot.
- Meet with clients to obtain supporting documents for Texas ID’s, birth certificates, submit applications and payment for the documents.
- Work with the Director of Client Services and Rep Payee Associate on any assigned clients for Rep Payee services handling all paperwork, financial disbursements, and case management work with clients. (These team members are located at The Stewpot.)
- Manage client’s documents by performing proper documentation, record keeping and inform clients when documents arrive.
- Maintain the document bank for client records in line with the Director of Client Services’ direction.
- Provide case management, only when applicable.
- Provide referrals to onsite and off-site partner agencies when appropriate.
- Ensure documentation compliance with all services for grants and program services.
- Enroll/update/exit participants from the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and The Stewpot database.
SUPVERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: ____ Yes __X___ No
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidate should have an associate degree with at least 2 years in a professional environment; professional experience may substitute for education.
Candidate should be passionate in serving others, especially vulnerable populations and those who have experienced/are experiencing trauma.
Candidate must be able to work under a great amount of pressure and accomplish multiple tasks in a short amount of time.
Candidate must be extremely organized and demonstrate a high attention to detail. This is the most critical component of the position.
This position requires a one-year grant commitment.
This is a full-time and it is subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Work hours are on Mondays-Fridays 9a.m.-6p.m. Applicants should be able to work in a cooperative team atmosphere, function smoothly under stress, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
Case manager will rotate among Family Gateway properties and partners, to include Family Gateway’s downtown shelter, Resource Center (Mockingbird at 35), Family Gateway North Hotel (Preston/George Bush) and The Salvation Army (medical district) where Family Gateway and The Salvation Army are piloting an integrated service model of shelter delivery for families with children.
May be sitting for long periods of time.
No phone calls, please. Send cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org