General Description: The Director of the Parent Opportunity Center directs and manages daily operations of the programs for families; provides supervision to clinical family support specialists; provides strategic leadership in program planning and evaluation; provides clinical support to staff; and provides supervision of all consultants and vendors supporting the Parent Opportunity Center. This position assures the department functions as an ethical and professional team that works effectively with all departments within the organization. This position is a member of the senior management team and actively participates as a contributing member of this team to insure the effectiveness of the organization to carry out the mission of Vogel Alcove. This position is also a member of the Center Management team and collaborates with Director, Early Childhood Programming; Director, Innovation; and the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Parent Opportunity Center in an efficient and effective manner to enable staff to competently manage responsibilities, activities and programs with professionalism, ethics, creativity, and teamwork.
- Provide supervision, development, and evaluation of all family support staff, including clinical oversight for clinical family support specialists.
- Accountable for the quality implementation of family case management; Job Ready Programming; Career Ready programming; family support programming; and all other programming held in the Parent Opportunity Center lab.
- Responsible for data collection and reporting for all family support strategic outcomes and required reports.
- Plan and implement professional development and training for all family support staff.
- Accountable for budget planning, monitoring, financial policy compliance, and general oversight of the financial aspects of the Parent Opportunity Center.
- Maintain communication and develop collaborative relationships with affiliate agencies and other community agencies which provide support to the Parent Opportunity Center.
- Participate as an active contributing member of the Senior Management and Center Management teams and work collaboratively with all departments within the organization.
- Represent the organization within the community, as a representative, spokesperson and liaison, as requested.
A Master’s degree in Social Work, LMSW, LCSW and clinical experience documented. A minimum of five years of program management experience and staff supervision and a minimum of three years working in programs serving children and families. Experience with homeless clients, preferred. Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism, customer service, and team work. Strong organizational and computer skills. Ability to strategically plan, implement, and lead creative and innovative programming serving homeless children and families.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.