DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
Hill School of Fort Worth is looking for a Director of Strategic Partnerships to build a strong culture of philanthropy throughout the school and greater community.
Located in southwest Fort Worth, Hill School is a college preparatory, private K-12 school for amazing, hard-working students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD, high-functioning ASD and other learning differences. This position could be the perfect opportunity for a dynamic person to further the mission and sustainability of Hill School as the school approaches its 50th anniversary.
We are hopeful that you’ll consider Hill School as your first choice employer. Check out our website at: www.hillschool.org
Director of Strategic Partnerships, Hill School
Reports to: Head of School
Goal/Objectives: This position is responsible for directing all advancement efforts, including both fundraising and engagement of key constituent groups and collaborating with other members of the advancement team.
This position will play a significant role in:
- Development and implementation of strategic fundraising and related marketing ideas.
- Coordination of the external and internal fundraising efforts and initiatives that attract and retain donors and community partners as well as corporate support.
- Strengthening of alumni and former family partnerships and giving.
- Building and maintaining partnerships with local community organizations and area foundations.
- Identification of new opportunities for outreach, particularly within the DFW area.
- Planning and implementing special development events to share Hill School’s mission with the greater community.
Primary responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with school leadership and the development committee of the Board, set strategic fundraising goals through new major gift and planned gift programs; annual fund program; grant-making opportunities; high-level fundraising and engagement events.
- Establish and execute forward-thinking advancement and strategic programs that optimally grow the annual, major, and capital campaigns; legacy gifts; and planned giving.
- Oversee all aspects of the development program, including fundraising, leading the annual giving program, guiding a capital campaign, soliciting corporate and foundation proposals, creating a strong alumni association, and special development events.
- Identify, research, and spearhead the implementation of a diverse and multifaceted fundraising program to support the school’s strategic vision, cultivating a culture of giving and gratitude across all constituencies.
- Collaborate with the admissions office on PR initiatives and the engagement and communications specialist to create/produce fund raising-related communication materials to expand and enhance the school’s visibility and reputation.
- Identify corporate and foundation funding opportunities and draft grant applications.
- Strengthen partnerships with the school’s alumni and further develop alumni programming.
- Personally solicit major donors.
- Enhance existing partnerships while building new partnerships, systems, and programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community.
- Maintain a database of all contributors and provide development reports as required.
- Manage the development budget.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s degree required, must have the ability to think innovatively and strategically, and be a positive collaborator. This position has the opportunity to influence the growth and success of Hill School. As such, the ideal candidate will have multidisciplinary skills and experience, including:
- Expertise in the nonprofit sector and in fundraising
- Proven success in directly soliciting and closing charitable gifts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all the school’s stakeholders while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with a “can-do” attitude
- Passion about working with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with and motivating volunteers and team members
- Familiarity with the local community
- Work as an active team member to support all school efforts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products expected. Work schedule is Mon-Fri, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., but should allow flexibility to include some evenings and weekend events.
- Full-time position. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is provided.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation required. Must be able to pass background check.
- To apply, submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements to email@example.com.