Community Homes for Adults (CHAI) have been serving adults with intellectual disabilities for over 37 years in Dallas and Collin County. CHAI operates 7 group homes and 1 assisted living home. We also provide day habilitation services, a job program and social programming. We are seeking a qualified, kind and experienced person to be our new Director of Programs and Services.
The Director of Programs and Services reports directly to the CEO and works in conjunction with the Director of Finance to insure the successful operation of the Assisted Living, Home and Community Based Waiver Program (HCS), Texas Home Living and oversees the Wolens Program.
The Director of Programs and Services has the following responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of Program Managers and Coordinators for all programs. This includes the HCS Manager, Assisted Living Manager, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Wolens Program Manager and Nurse.
- Assuring quality care and services to the individuals in the Assisted Living Programs, the HCS programs and individuals receiving services through the Wolens Program. This includes: training, all licensing requirements, financial oversight, health needs, social interaction, family contact, spiritual and cultural activities, work or day programs, and leisure and recreational activities.
- Anticipating the personnel needs of all programs and acting in cooperation with appropriate Managers and Coordinators as needed to insure adequate hiring, training and evaluation of all employees within the programs.
- Insure individuals are free from abuse, neglect or exploitation and provide for the necessary training of staff, proper reporting, and ongoing monitoring toward.
- Directing the implementation of safe practice as it relates to the residents, clients, homes, vehicles, purchasing, repair and renovation of existing structures and property of CHAI.
- Directing staff to remain in compliance with all standards applicable to their program. This may include but is not limited to: Health and Human Service Commission (HHSC), Texas Workforce Solutions (TWC), Life Safety, HCS, Assisted Living, Dallas Metrocare, Lifepath Systems and local code enforcement as it may apply.
- Make sure staff is trained and utilizing Therap, our documentation software
- Insure advocacy for all individuals.
- Develop meaningful policies and procedures for all programs. Update and revise those policies as necessary.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with CEO, Board of Directors, Families and outside agencies.
- Act as mediator in conflict situations with staff, families, and outside agencies.
- Insure that plans developed are implemented and monitored according to best practice and a person centered approach.
- Insure that all certifications are current and the corrective action plans for any problem areas have been submitted as well as completed.
- Monitor the resident finances for effective maintenance by Managers.
- Demonstrate effective oversight of house finances, purchases, petty cash, and reporting documentation. Monitor activities toward compliance with program budget.
- Demonstrate effective oversight and completion of payroll for submission.
- Staff the HCS Advisory Committee.
- Maintain and update emergency procedures in compliance with state and local authorities. Keep staff apprised of Emergency Preparedness activities and information.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Director of Programs and Services will:
- Communicate clearly and in an open and candid and respectful manner at all times and with all encountered.
- Maintain confidentiality in all communications.
- Insure Client Rights.
- Understand and intervene to protect individuals from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Assist other team members with difficult assignments or in difficult circumstances to promote the accomplishment of team objectives.
- Display a commitment to the organization’s mission and values. Effectively articulate vision and mission with individuals receiving our services.
- Incorporate the organization the organization’s principles – individuality, choice, respect, participation, competence, social connectedness and natural supports to all facets of the job.
- Practice effective time management and work ethic.
- Present self and organization in a positive, professional manner.
- Regularly seek feedback and input from individuals and stakeholders.
- Deal with complaints from individuals or their guardians in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- Maintain and/all requirements of educational licensure and participate in any required training for the program.
- Participate with team members and all staff in the continued evaluation the organization’s effectiveness.
- Demonstrate leadership in supervisory situations and in project completion.
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a human services or related field and at least three years of paid supervisory experience in human services, social work or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
Experience in the field of intellectually disabilities is preferred. Must have and maintain a clean criminal history and driving record. Must complete and maintain certifications required by standards.
The Director of Programs and Services must be able to read and interpret documents such as evaluations from referring agencies, documents from HHSCs, progress notes and data from staff and clinicians.
- They must be able to write reports and provide documentation to be sent to outside agencies.
- They must be able to present verbally to the Team, the Board, and families.
- They must be able to converse and interpret information to the individual in a manner consistent with this or her level of understanding.
The Director makes visits in the community and in varying settings. Visits to the community are not limited to Dallas County and may require the use of one’s personal vehicle. A mobile phone stipend is available unless a phone is provided. CHAI Policies and Procedures incorporate the implementation of Universal Precautions in all situations.
In order to apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Lisa Brodsky at firstname.lastname@example.org