Director of Philanthropy
Resource Center (Center) is currently seeking a Director of Philanthropy. This leadership role is responsible for supporting the execution of the fundraising strategy, including direct involvement in major gifts, stewarding individual donors and expanding overall giving. This position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO).
The Organization Resource Center is a highly respected nonprofit organization who provides programs and services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ+) community and all people affected by HIV and AIDS. The programs of the Center promote understanding of the LGBTQ+ community and aim
to eradicate the spread of HIV and AIDS. The Center was founded in 1983 and is currently one of the largest centers of its kind in the United States with more than 1,200 volunteers and supporting more than 60,000 people each year through its programs and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the execution of the organization’s major gifts and individual giving programs, striving to meet and exceed the financial goals.
• Provide best practice expertise for growing online fundraising services and marketing the
mission of the organization across different platforms.
• Focus and enlarge mid-level donor base through best-in-class stewardship.
• In collaboration with the CDO, support the fundraising efforts of the Board of Directors, to ensure they meet the annual Board goal through their contributions, company contributions, and introductions/referrals to new donors.
• Achieve and maintain the highest levels of donor stewardship; increase engagement of existing donors and develop strategies and approaches to generate higher levels of giving.
• Develop mission advancement presentations and support fundraising initiatives under the CDO’s guidance.
• Collaborate with CDO and others in the team to develop best practices of development for all donor-related events.
• Collaborate with communications and marketing to support donor-related publications,
messaging, strategy, and events.
• Work closely with CDO to understand strategies already in place that evaluate appropriate systems for fund development, including donor management, research, and cultivation, gift processing, recognition and stewardship, to create increased effectiveness of individual and major giving efforts.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws maintaining accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with code of ethical principles of professional conduct for fundraising professionals.
• In every donor relationship, adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrates empathetic disposition and perseverance, reflect the optimistic attitude, and conveys sensitivity to the needs of the donor.
• Possesses a broad and deep network in Dallas and is well regarded in the non-profit, for-profit and philanthropic communities.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and ability to maintain a high activity level; ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment. Must be able to work under pressure.
• Demonstrates and communicates a passion and respect for the organization’s core purpose,
communities served, program of work and overall mission.
• Demonstrates a deep understanding of and appreciation for the philanthropic process and individual giving behaviors combined with direct solicitation experience.
• Is a high-energy, results-oriented leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative drive.
• Has a flexible and adaptable style. Able to lead through transformation.
• Possesses business savviness with the ability to engage, influence, and assess risk, issues, and priorities.
• Has excellent strategic planning, communications, team building and interpersonal skills.
• Operates with the utmost integrity and values consistent with the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of seven years in fundraising experience.
• Previous experience leading teams highly desired for future growth.
• Strong online fundraising experience and mid-level giving strategies a huge plus.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful, high net worth fundraising strategies and supporting donor operations across all aspects of fundraising operations, including building the case, cultivating donors, managing an effective fundraising team, and soliciting and securing individual and major gifts.
This position is located in Dallas, TX.
No agency or third-party candidates will be considered for this position.
To apply, please sent your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at https://www.pprhr.com/careers.