Church of the Incarnation is a resource size parish located on two campuses in Dallas committed to worshipping God in the Great Tradition of the Church, growing in faith, serving the poor, and developing leaders for the renewal of the church locally and around the world.
As Director of Mission and Outreach, this person will be responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining, and growing a ministry that engages and equips parishioners of all ages to carry out the church’s mission point to serve the poor, both locally and internationally.
- Equipping and sustaining the parish’s involvement in a multi-church, multi-denominational, multi-racial coalition to break cycles of poverty.
- Proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ and obeying Jesus’ command to know love and serve our neighbors.
- Moving parishioners from service to discipleship.
- Developing strong relationships with other community leaders in Dallas to broaden the ministry’s reach in the community.
- Developing relationships with parishioners to further equip them for volunteering.
- Volunteer recruitment for program, initiatives, domestic and foreign mission trips.
Specific duties for the Director of Mission and Outreach will include but are not limited to the management of the following:
- Develop and enhance ongoing execution and evaluation of initiatives/programs
- Parishioner engagement
- Volunteer identification, recruitment and management
- Oversee the departmental budget
- Managing relationships with key community leaders both locally and abroad, including leaders of schools, nonprofit agencies, and area churches
- Local and international travel for mission trips
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Nonprofit Management, Business, Public Policy, Social Work, Theology or a related field
- Experience in church-based ministry preferred
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and work well under pressure while dealing with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of constituencies
- Magnetic, focused, and visionary
- Desire and passion for working with the poor with an emphasis on local outreach
- Ability to inspire others when sharing the vision and mission of the ministry area
- Exceptional communicator – both written and oral
- Genuine servant-hood, Gospel-centeredness, and spiritual maturity
This person reports to the Vice Rector or his designee.
The Director of Mission and Outreach supervises:
1 part-time Administrator
2 full-time Project Managers
Monday-Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 9 am – 1 pm
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. If interested in this position please send your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements by e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls please.