Denton County Friends of the Family is currently seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as the Director of Marketing & Development to increase major donor support and advance on-going fundraising strategies. This position will be responsible for providing strategic direction and advancement of all of DCFOF fundraising efforts. DCFOF has a team-based approach in all that we do, including development. The Director of Marketing & Development will work in partnership with and oversight of three talented full-time professionals who oversee: Volunteers & Events; Communications; and Administration. Please see details in the job description below.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Marketing & Development is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of DCFOF’s fundraising & marketing efforts with a focus on individual giving, major gifts, Capital campaign, corporate & foundation relations, events, planned giving and other initiatives. The Director of Marketing & Development works closely with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and talented team members in all marketing, development and fundraising efforts.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Grow major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of existing and new major donors.
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish strong relationships and effective communications with donors.
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about DCFOF with the community.
- Direct several annual fundraising drives, including North Texas Giving Day, holiday gift campaign and back to school supply initiative.
- Develop and execute the annual Resource Development plan, and respective related budgets.
- Work closely with the M&D team to grow our Sponsorships and to ensure a successful annual fundraising event.
- Direct and assist to grow our Communications, Public Relations & Social Media Strategies.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking system.
- Supervise and collaborate with all fundraising staff and program staff as needed to achieve development goals and objectives.
- Oversee creation of publications and online presence that supports fundraising activities.
- Manage, plan and lead capital campaign efforts.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience with progressive responsibility in the non-profit field in professional fundraising, events, and marketing.
- CFRE preferred, but not required.
- Must embrace the mission of DCFOF.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successful fundraising techniques, particularly with major gift development.
- Dynamic public speaking ability.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- A desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a self-starter and goal-driven individual to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Ability to develop and implement a vision for the agency’s M&D efforts.
- Be organized and exhibit follow through on tasks and goals.
- Experience with program analytics
- Salesforce knowledge
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Be flexible and have the ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
EVALUATED BY: ED
HOURS: Full Time (40 hours per week)
LOCAL TRAVEL: Local travel limited to the Denton County / Greater DFW area, as needed for various events or meetings. The Director of Development will be reimbursed for his/her local travel at a rate of $.50 per mile up to the maximum monthly mileage allowance. Approved out-of-town travel for RDI purposes will be fully reimbursed.
Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to:
Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc.
4845 I-35 E
Corinth, TX 76210