Presbyterian Night Shelter is known for serving the homeless in greatest need: those who have no other places to go. Those who present the greatest challenge to our community are welcome here. As the largest homeless shelter in Tarrant County, we serve approximately 1,000 men, women and children each night.
Presbyterian Night Shelter staff members strive with mutual respect and compassion to serve with integrity, taking responsibility for our actions to foster hope in the journey from homeless to home.
Presbyterian Night Shelter is seeking a Director of Major Gifts. The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for developing and implementing donor-centric strategies around cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for major gift and planned giving donors and prospects to expand fundraising infrastructure. In addition, the Director of Major Gifts will build and cultivate relationships with key constituents as well as financial institutions, legal firms, and estate planning professionals. This position works closely with Vice President of Development and organizational leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has a passion and commitment to Presbyterian Night Shelter’s goals and mission.
- Creates and executes fundraising plans for engagement with major gift and planned giving donors and prospects to increase private philanthropic support, including developing annual goals for cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation as well as annual revenue goals.
- Prepares written proposals for major gift prospects and identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major gifts.
- Manage existing portfolio of 125-150 donors and prospects.
- Assist VP of Development in guiding prospect contact activity.
- Prepare regular reports and evaluations, providing consistent and timely communication to organizational leadership on next steps, strategies and proposals for prospects.
- Responsible for producing and distributing quarterly donor communication.
- Work collaboratively with fund development team, administration, and program staff to present compelling case for donor support.
- Document and maintain accurate records in donor database in a timely manner.
- Represents Presbyterian Night Shelter, as directed, at community events and lead tours of facilities to current and prospective donors.
- Plans and executes all events related to the major gifts and planned giving programs (including fundraising events, hosted events, celebration dinners, open houses, special tours, etc).
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising preferably with a proven track record of securing major gifts and/or knowledge of gift planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with donors and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the donor perspective is a driving force behind gifting decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Experience working with gift annuities, wills, estate bequests, gifts and donations, charitable trusts, and life insurance/retirement plans.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal communication skills. Strong persuasive speaker.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and complete numerous projects simultaneously, meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases.
- Ability to monitor and meet income goals
- Ability to embrace and affirm the mission of the Presbyterian Night Shelter.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, if interested in this position please send your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Presbyterian Night Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer