The Director of Finance and HR will be a strategic thought-partner regarding the financial structure and HR policies of the organization, and report to the Chief Program Officer. This position will provide support to the following areas: finances, business planning and budgeting, human resources, and administration.
The Director of Finance and HR will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and financial operations as Traffick911 continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual financial review process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Monitor and track all grant incoming funds, outgoing reimbursable expenses, cash matches; and complete monthly grant Financial Status Reports in accordance with Grant, Cash Match and In-Kind Ledgers.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the senior leadership team; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Ensure new hire and employee payroll documentation is communicated with payroll vendor.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Chief Programs Officer, CEO and board of directors.
Human Resources and Administration
- Further develop Traffick911’s human resources, administration, and benefits programs.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures related to expenses and HR issues.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions and office relations to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Keen analytic, data-oriented problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and to be a self-starter, with minimal supervision
- Commitment to continuous quality control and improvement
- Strong track record of excellence and attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest and passion for trafficked and exploited youth
- Technological ability working with online systems and cloud-based programs
- Strong skills in accounting software; advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
Education and Job Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field; Certified Public Accountant preferred but not required
- At least seven years professional experience in finance/HR/accounting; broad financial and operations management experience preferred
- Extensive experience overseeing the quality and control of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
- Experience overseeing human resources policies and functions
- A professional track record in grants management
- Professional experience with accounting and reporting software
- Extensive experience in QuickBooks required
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets, etc. (Traffick911 operates on Apple laptops)
- Adhere to Traffick911’sCore Values and Code of Ethics (traffick911.com/mission-values)
- Mature Christian faith
- Humble and resilient
- Pursues excellence
- Culturally aware and appreciative of differences
- Strong work ethic
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to build trust and strong partnerships with others
- Courageous in pursuing opportunities and challenges
- Tenacious in achieving goals