About Frontiers of Flight Museum: Frontiers of Flight Museum is a dynamic, non-profit aviation and space museum located in Dallas, Texas. Our mission is to inspire and educate visitors of all ages about the rich history and future possibilities of aviation. We are dedicated to preserving and presenting the technological achievements and historical milestones of flight, as well as promoting Aerospace-STEM education through engaging exhibits, interactive programs, and special events.
Position Overview: Frontiers of Flight Museum is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Finance to join our team. The Director of Finance will play a crucial role in managing the financial operation of the museum, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency in all financial activities. This position involves not only financial management but also includes general bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Financial Management:
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records and ledgers.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable accounting standards and regulations.
- Perform regular bookkeeping tasks, including data entry, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Manage the museum's financial transactions, including invoices, receipts, and expense reports.
- Prepare financial reports for the CEO, internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial Reporting:
- Generate timely and accurate financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Present financial information to the CEO for Board of Directors
- Audit and Compliance:
- Coordinate annual financial audits and ensure compliance with audit recommendations.
- Stay informed about changes in accounting regulations and implement necessary changes in museum policies and procedures.
- Financial Planning and Strategy:
- Working with the CEO, develop and implement financial strategies and plans in alignment with the museum's goals and objectives.
- Monitor financial performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct ROI and Data Analysis
- Grant Management:
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and manage grant reporting requirements.
- Ensure that grant funds are used in accordance with grant agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (CPA or MBA preferred).
- Proven experience in financial management and bookkeeping, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
Please note that the above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, a cover letter detailing their relevant experience, and salary expectations to Anne-Marie Evans [email@example.com].
Frontiers of Flight Museum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023